What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 loosing wi fi signal

Bruce_Tait

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad2 is loosing wifi signal intermittently iPhone touch an 2 are all ok, any ideas anyone?
Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Other Members who have suffered this problem have found that one of two things usually helps.

First of all, reset the router.
If that doesn't work, then go to 'Settings', 'WiFi' and tell the iPad to forget the WiFi settings.
Then, when the iPad picks up the WiFi signal again, re-enter the settings.

See if either of these helps; if not, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Tim

OP
B

Bruce_Tait

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried these already, I will try again.
Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the problem persists, then a reboot of the iPad might help. Switch the iPad off and then hold down the Power and Home buttons until the white Apple logo appears; it might take a while, but the iPad will reboot.

Tim

Katykat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this problem and all the above didn't work. Apple customer services couldn't sort it. Rang Sky ( my wifi provider) and after a few failed attempts, eventually changed the signal channel through my sky online. It worked. Apparently, on the old signal channel, the signal was intermittently being blocked. Don't know how it worked, but it did.

Most reactions