What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 locked on startup!!!

raykspradlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently purchased an Ipad 2 from a family I know. The owner of the ipad 2 had died in a car accident. I purchased the Ipad 2 along with several other things in a fundraiser for his funeral expenses. To get to the point, I did a recovery on the Ipad 2, and it's back to the original startup where you put the language and wifi connection in. Then it goes to a screen that says the ipad is registered with a certain icloud account and is asking for the password. Is there any way around this? I have asked the family, but they have no idea on the password. They did give me the icloud id that they thought it was...please help asap!!!!!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I recently purchased an Ipad 2 from a family I know. The owner of the ipad 2 had died in a car accident. I purchased the Ipad 2 along with several other things in a fundraiser for his funeral expenses. To get to the point, I did a recovery on the Ipad 2, and it's back to the original startup where you put the language and wifi connection in. Then it goes to a screen that says the ipad is registered with a certain icloud account and is asking for the password. Is there any way around this? I have asked the family, but they have no idea on the password. They did give me the icloud id that they thought it was...please help asap!!!!!
I'm afraid that there is no way around this. Without the account name and password, the iPad cannot be activated. This is part of the new security measures that were implemented with the introduction of iOS 7.

golddust34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this is part of the new security, but Apple should be able to help you work around this. I would contact the company. They will obviously want some proof of new ownership. There has to be some way to get you up and running.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I would contact Apple......the family may have to get involved also to prove what has happened here.
But this is your only means of getting this iPad up and running.

Good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts