Ipad 2 locked on startup!!!

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by raykspradlin, Dec 26, 2013.

1. raykspradlin

raykspradlin iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I recently purchased an Ipad 2 from a family I know. The owner of the ipad 2 had died in a car accident. I purchased the Ipad 2 along with several other things in a fundraiser for his funeral expenses. To get to the point, I did a recovery on the Ipad 2, and it's back to the original startup where you put the language and wifi connection in. Then it goes to a screen that says the ipad is registered with a certain icloud account and is asking for the password. Is there any way around this? I have asked the family, but they have no idea on the password. They did give me the icloud id that they thought it was...please help asap!!!!!
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,845 / 1
    I'm afraid that there is no way around this. Without the account name and password, the iPad cannot be activated. This is part of the new security measures that were implemented with the introduction of iOS 7.
  3. golddust34

golddust34 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I know this is part of the new security, but Apple should be able to help you work around this. I would contact the company. They will obviously want some proof of new ownership. There has to be some way to get you up and running.
  4. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,366 / 0
    Yes, I would contact Apple......the family may have to get involved also to prove what has happened here.
    But this is your only means of getting this iPad up and running.

Good luck!