1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad 2 LCD

Discussion in 'iPad DIY' started by fbs0729, Mar 14, 2013.

1. fbs0729

fbs0729 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey everybody I need some help. My lcd screen won't display anything, but everything else works fine, like the volume and power. When I turn it on I can hear the lock screen opening and the touch screen works to. When I tap my hands in the keyboard area (where the keyboard would be displayed on the screen) I hear the keyboard clicks. It's like everything works except the screen display. I could probably even use it without having to use the display if I memorized where all my apps were. Does anyone know how I can fix this? It's driving me crazy. I checked the logic board and everything is fine under there. Could it be a cut ribbon? Even though I'm positive I didn't mess anything up replacing the touch screen. Or do I need to buy a new lcd or lcd ribbon? :(
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,063 / 1
    It's possible that your backlight may have failed.
  3. The OB

The OB Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +856 / 1
    Hi fbs0729, and welcome to the forum.
    As you seem to be experiencing problems possibly as a result of replacing the touch screen, and your concern is with the internals of your iPad2, i have transferred this thread to the iPad DIY forum where you are more likely to receive assistance.