What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 Keyboard issues

mburgess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, just recently I updated to IOS 6.0 and now on some websites I am getting keyboard issues. For example, I use a chatroom website to trade stocks and when I go to click on the line to type the keyboard comes up and as soon as I go to type the keyboard closes so that I cant even type, the keyboard just wont stay open. Before when using IOS 5.1.1 when I first bought this Ipad 2 This website worked perfectly but now I cant even use it since updating to IOS 6.0. I powered down the ipad, I tried using different browsers, I even did a factory restore in Itunes and nothing works and so I have contributed this problem to bugs in IOS 6.0 I guess?? Has anybody else experience the keyboard closing like this and does anybody have a solution?? Thanks and I look forward to a response. I will provide more details if somebody can help me out.

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello, welcome to iPad Forums!
This is a community where a variety of people come together to discuss the revolutionary piece of technology that is the iPad. We have many threads containing a wealth of info, so the search tool will be your best friend.
Check out the "Discussion for iPad Forums" app for iOS. Discussion Forum for iPad Users for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Many of your questions can be answered with the iPad user guide. Apple - Support - Manuals
A few threads that I recommend checking out:
iPad News Apple iPad News
Considering purchasing an iPad? Here's some reviews! iPad Reviews
For all your iPad FAQ. iPad FAQ
For fun, I recommend the http://www.ipadforums.net/off-topic/76844-what.html, http://www.ipadforums.net/off-topic/29728-anything-goes-thread.html, http://www.ipadforums.net/off-topic/82801-what-i-see-my-backyard.html, http://www.ipadforums.net/off-topic/27852-food-anyone.html, and http://www.ipadforums.net/off-topic/57514-what-you-guys-doing-right-now.html threads.
PLEASE READ: the forum rules. Please read these before making any further posts or starting further threads. Thanks! http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697
For your iPhone questions, check out our sister site, iPhone Forums. iPhone Forums - Latest News, Reviews and Discussions for the Apple iPhone
Once again, thank you for registering; we look forward to seeing your contribution to the forum!

Regards,
Goofy

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This can happen when the website has not downloaded completely. Often there is some dodgy advertisement that has hung, making you think that the page is open when in fact it is not.

OP
M

mburgess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmmm...... Well its just odd that it worked fine before and now it doesn't. The website hasn't changed at all that I know of. Wonder how I can fix this problem??

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What's the website. I'm running ios6. I can check it out and see if i get the same result.

Last edited:
OP
M

mburgess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I undock the keyboard and put it up in the middle of the screen it seems to work....but then I have to deal with a keyboard in the middle of my screen which I do not like. Also If I split the keyboard it works as well, but the regular typing keyboard at the bottom of the screen does not want to stay open

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Shuts down the keyboard before I can type a single letter. So it's not your iPad, at least.

OP
M

mburgess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It must be IOS 6.0 then. I was running IOS 5.1.1 and this website was working perfectly for me. Hmmmm........

OP
M

mburgess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well thanks for your help anyways man, Im off to bed here. If you magically come up with a solution let me know lol. Probably just a bug with IOS 6.0 and I have tried to downgrade back to 5.1.1 with no luck.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could be. iOS 6 has had some strange effects. Even the iPF app is affected. We never used to have to hit return to send a post. Now we do. Sorry I couldn't help.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Could be. iOS 6 has had some strange effects. Even the iPF app is affected. We never used to have to hit return to send a post. Now we do. Sorry I couldn't help.

Yes, I notice I cannot hit send when posting (send button is grayed out) unless I quote the post to which I am responding.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You don't need to quote (unless you want to). Just tap Return once, and the send button will light up.

I sent a bug report to Apple last night. This is one of the things I mentioned.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh yes, I see that now!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jchunter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, just recently I updated to IOS 6.0 and now on some websites I am getting keyboard issues. For example, I use a chatroom website to trade stocks and when I go to click on the line to type the keyboard comes up and as soon as I go to type the keyboard closes so that I cant even type, the keyboard just wont stay open. Before when using IOS 5.1.1 when I first bought this Ipad 2 This website worked perfectly but now I cant even use it since updating to IOS 6.0. I powered down the ipad, I tried using different browsers, I even did a factory restore in Itunes and nothing works and so I have contributed this problem to bugs in IOS 6.0 I guess?? Has anybody else experience the keyboard closing like this and does anybody have a solution?? Thanks and I look forward to a response. I will provide more details if somebody can help me out.

After installing IOS6, I had several instances of a missing space bar on the keyboard. In each case, the space bar reappeared after closing the keyboard and reopening it.

Most reactions