What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 keyboard case

HafMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm in the process of looking for a keyboard case that I can use for college and while I'm at work.
I ideally want one that will hold my iPad while I'm not using it, not just one like the Logitech where you place it on a stand.

I've used the search function but can't find anything on what I'm looking for.
Im after one that is like a leather folio.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
HafMan

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Suggest checking out Amazon for starters. There are loads of them.

Amazon's Windowshop app is great for browsing -- plenty of photos so you can quickly skim through options once you've done a search.

canuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a Targus keyboard and leather case, it works really well but it was almost $100 in Canada but i think it was worth the money

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Hafman--

My husband was going to buy me this one from Brookstone-check this out:

Bluetooth Keyboard Portfolios at Brookstone

S
eems like it has pretty good reviews, and look-it's on sale. I actually like the ipad keyboard and chose not to get the extra keyboard, but if you are going to do some heavy typing--than this may be something to consider. :)

OP
H

HafMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow-the crux makes it look like a notebook! Isn't nice to have all of these choices!! Good luck!!

rcormier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I own the brookstone keyboard and case. It works very well on flat surfaces. For working on your lap it can sometimes be difficult because the iPad may tip. It is also nice because you can fold the case so the keyboard is out of the way and the iPad is again a tablet.

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought that Rocketfish case in the link above. It has a very cheap feel to it and the angle it sits at make for hard typing and viewing the screen. I boxed it back and returned it for a refund.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought that Rocketfish case in the link above. It has a very cheap feel to it and the angle it sits at make for hard typing and viewing the screen. I boxed it back and returned it for a refund.

Glad you posted that. Might save someone time and money.

DylanKean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like this iPad 2 Keyboard, but it is too Expensive.

Hey Hafman--

My husband was going to buy me this one from Brookstone-check this out:

Bluetooth Keyboard Portfolios at Brookstone ipad 2 keyboard

Seems like it has pretty good reviews, and look-it's on sale. I actually like the ipad keyboard and chose not to get the extra keyboard, but if you are going to do some heavy typing--than this may be something to consider. :)

PreVoiD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I must give the Logitech (ZAGG) Keyboard Case a little love, even though you want something even more robust and protective.

Sure, the logitech case doesn't cover the backside. But that's easily fixed with an invisible shield. I also have a "real" case from Targus which also features a built in keyboard. Too bad I tend to leave it behind and go for my logitech keyboard case instead - due to the fact that the whole masterpiece becomes SO much smaller compared to the targus case. It's like comparing an macbook air with a macbook pro 17". I use this combo at University every day, and I still haven't made any scratches whatsoever on either the iPad or the keyboard case.

It really ain't that bad, that's all I wanted to say! :)

McTablet_T2C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would say the Belkin and ZAGG are the best ones out there, also the Kensington one seems nice.
I never physically held the Rocetfish one in my hands but does look a bit dodgy. (as mentioned before)

You can check our site, has about 7 different ones there, fully reviewed
:eek:

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And your site is? Here is my ongoing search. I must have a light portable keyboard. Portable is the big point for me. I don't know about most of you but I read my IPad Niall three axis while standing, walking in bed. So the problem is having a case that doubles the thickness and weight of the iPad.
So to date I have no keyboard sadly.

Cheers

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts