What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 keeps closing apps

firekicker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a iPad 2 iOS 7.0.4 since I upgraded it all the browsers.keep closing on their own, Safari, chrome, foxbrowser, one called private, puffin. And then I was typing this, this closed on me by its self. Anybody have this problem and can anybody help me out. Thanks

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you done a reboot lately? Or just turn your iPad 2 off and then turn it back on again (that's not just putting it to sleep).

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have a iPad 2 iOS 7.0.4 since I upgraded it all the browsers.keep closing on their own, Safari, chrome, foxbrowser, one called private, puffin. And then I was typing this, this closed on me by its self. Anybody have this problem and can anybody help me out. Thanks

This seems to have been a recurring problem with iPad 2 and the 7.0.x upgrades although that appears to have settled down somewhat. A couple of solutions noted have been:

~~~resetting all settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset all Settings
and,
~~~as cruiser111 indicated above, reset your iPad by simultaneously holding down the Home and On/Off buttons then letting both go only when the white Apple logo appears and then waiting until your wallpaper shows up. (Sorry if you are already aware of these moves:))

Good RAM management is also important for an iPad 2 using iOS 7.0.4 software predominantly designed for the v4 and Air iPads which enjoy much larger operating memories. Periodically clean up used apps still hanging around in cache with an upwards four finger swipe or double press of the Home button, and then an upward swipe of each app to delete it.

You may have already done these things, but if not, I hope that helps. If it does not, come back on that as this forum enjoys quite a number of knowledgeable people willing to help. If it did help, let us know as others may profit from that.
Regards, Andrew

From Oz using Tapatalk Pro

Most reactions

Latest posts