What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 jumps out of app to home screen

cgstewart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bought an iPad 2 and it looks like it might have a problem. It intermittently jumps from what ever app I'm using to either the home screen or the search screen.

Anybody seen this before or know what the problem might be.

Thanks
Craig

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What you're seeing is an app "crashing." Apple does all it can to conceal this fact from a user but that's what it amounts to. As to the cause of the problem, it's difficult to diagnose without knowing more about the specific app you're running when it occurs and the environment at the time (i.e. other apps, state of memory, etc.) You may get some relief simply by rebooting the iPad. (Hold the power button and the screen button down at the same time until the Apple logo appears.)

madeSICC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea i get that everyonce in a while. Ive been a android user for a long time and one of the major points the ios users would always point out is no force closing ever.
The only time it annoys me is when using dolphin for work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts