What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Jailbreak Out Now?

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-u2ukWWd6A&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]​

[FONT=&quot]Breaking news today from Engadget, that the long-awaited iPad 2 jailbreak is now live. According to the report, JailbreakMe 3.0 has just been made available, complete with support for the iPad 2. Engadget says that the version that has appeared was actually leaked by a beta tester, and according to the comments underneath the YouTube video, some people are getting successful results, whereas others are not. As Engadget says, should you decide to go ahead and try this jailbreak, be sure to back up everything first, and be aware that this is not the official version as due for release by JailbreakMe.com. In other words, be careful and take note of the comments on YouTube, and be warned that it would appear to be a leak, and not the “official version.†In any event, the appearance of this leak would certainly seem to indicate that the official version is on the way imminently. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Source: [/FONT]http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/02/ipad-2-jailbreak-available-now-video/

Last edited:

miket5au

iPF Novice
Reaction score
this was taken down!

No it wasn't it's still there and it works.

Awesome, time to get an ipad2 now. :)

Just buy one of the new android tablets. If I had wanted to jb my ipad 2 I would have waited a few more weeks and got a Xoom or Galaxy tab.

Android on a tablet is very nice. It is not hard to use and is more open than iOS. The new tablets are well built and a similar price to the iPad.

Techpaste

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.techpaste.info
miket5au said:
Just buy one of the new android tablets. If I had wanted to jb my ipad 2 I would have waited a few more weeks and got a Xoom or Galaxy tab.

Android on a tablet is very nice. It is not hard to use and is more open than iOS. The new tablets are well built and a similar price to the iPad.

And your title saysipad enthusiast! My friend has the xoom and he says it is NOTHING compared to the ipad 2. Its all down to personal choice. I say get the ipad mate im waiting to jailbreak mine. I'd wait a couple of days until there is a official release from comex. Ill keep you posted.

miket5au

iPF Novice
Reaction score
miket5au said:

And your title saysipad enthusiast!

You don't choose the title.

As you said it does come down to personal choice. My point was don't buy the iPad 2 if you won't be happy unless you can jailbreak it.

It must be fun waiting months for a jailbreak to come out as so many people are doing just that :).

Most reactions

Latest posts