What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 jailbreak 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
RudyL90 said:
Off-topic: Isn't there a way to quote more than once in a message?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Not directly. But in iPF, you can click on the bold thread title, it takes you to the ipadforums.net website, then quote from there, it will let you quote longer quotes, or just use the browser.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kabona said:
Posixninja challenged geohot to see who can jailbreak the ipad 2 first....geohot accepted the challenge yesterday....so now we have the chronic dev team racing against geohpt to see who can release a jailbreak first.

This is what i like to hear.

Juat an update for those who havnt been following the twitter jb community
Now that geohot is on the scene I have higher hopes :-D

RudyL90 said:
Off-topic: Isn't there a way to quote more than once in a message?

Yes, if using IPF app click the blue arrow on right (under post count), this also allows you to edit and stuff, then check the box on the left side and in the upper right hand corner of the screen there is an arrow thingy that when you press it allows multi quote

FREE MY iPAD2 

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Not directly. But in iPF, you can click on the bold thread title, it takes you to the ipadforums.net website, then quote from there, it will let you quote longer quotes, or just use the browser.

Than I rather delete iPF and go to the forums in safari, so no good solution.

iRager said:
Yes, if using IPF app click the blue arrow on right (under post count), this also allows you to edit and stuff, then check the box on the left side and in the upper right hand corner of the screen there is an arrow thingy that when you press it allows multi quote

FREE MY iPAD2 

I succeeded, thanks!

Now back to the iPad 2 JB : )

Reaction score
iRager said:

FREE MY iPAD2 

thanks for the explanation. It seems much easier then my work-around :D

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Serianni said:
I have geohot on twitter @geohotus

Is that the real one yes? I do not think so, this geohot is only referring to websites.
Geohot does not have twitter.

And by the way, didn't he have other things on his mind (Sony)?

Last edited:

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He settled with Sony a little while back. I think he turned over all his coding and agreed to stop hacking their devices so they dropped the suit.

Eivind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wookiee2cu said:
He settled with Sony a little while back. I think he turned over all his coding and agreed to stop hacking their devices so they dropped the suit.

yep he did, he also mentioned to them that he'll never buy a sony product again

Kabona

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Eivind said:
yep he did, he also mentioned to them that he'll never buy a sony product again

Until he buys one of those new sony tablets coming out to jailbreak it , and mail it back to sony headquarter with a picture of his middle finger as the background

It isnt illegal to jailbreak tablet is it?? Just like a smartphone? Sony wouldnt able to do shit

That would be legen.....wait for it.....dary

Last edited:
Reaction score
Last edited:

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the Sony thing, wasn't the big deal that he released the hack but it still had Sony's coding so it came down to the copyright issue? I thought that was the only reason Sony had a leg to stand on, could be wrong though.

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it's awesome that Geohot is up to jailbreak the iPad2! I'm sure he has an iPad 2 by now and he's on it.

FREE MY iPAD2 

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What does it mean "to dump the bootrom"?
As far as I understand.. it means to read it from the device. Correct?

Do I understand correctly that the p0sixninja agreed with GeoHot just to read (dump) the bootrom and not about searching for the exploit. Right?

If that's true.. does that mean that hackers currently didn't manage even to read the bootrom yet?

Last edited:
Reaction score
bullka said:
What does it mean "to dump the bootrom"?
As far as I understand.. it means to read it from the device. Correct?

Do I understand correctly that the p0sixninja agreed with GeoHot just to read (dump) the bootrom and not about searching for the exploit. Right?

If that's true.. does that mean that hackers currently didn't manage even to read the bootrom yet?

In a way the Bootrom is used to start the iPad.

On the iPad 2 it is more secured and only is on, when the iPad starts, afterwards it just shuts off again. So the time-frame to obtain such a bootrom is limited, not to mention, that the bootrom is encrypted. Perhaps someone else knows more details?

Anyway, yes what it means is that the bootrom still has to be obtained, before the search for an exploit can begin.

Last edited:

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK. Now it's more clear that we're far far from iPad2 JB. Or in other words - not even started!

The next method (as I understood) is firmware exploits ("userland"; I don't know what that means). Comex and others are working on that. Right? And there was even a progress made/showed by Comex (but not published).

So the firmware based jailbreaks can give more hopes at the moment. Right?

As there's no reliable information regarding the iOS firmware hacks... well... It's good that iPad2 is brilliant even without the JB :) That's the only good news.. really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions