What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 issue

Maitrey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello friends....I m using Ipad2...but suddenly thr is a issue of battery drainage as well as 3G stopped working..so I gave it to apple store and it got replaced..but in replaced ipad2 also having same problem..I don't knw wt to do and I m very much scared...plz help me...:mad:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

How long is a full battery lasting you? Battery usage will depend on how you have a few things set up on your iPad and what you use it for. How high do you have your screen brightness set for, this can be a big drain, I have mine under half and have auto brightness on. If you have a lot of notifications being sent and have your mail set On for push will both drain your battery faster and some high graphic games will do it also. Also using 3G will do this too. Also how are you charging your battery, it is recommended to also run your battery right down occasionally as this will recalibrate your battery drainage meter.
What is happening with your 3G do you have good service where you are?

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

OP
Maitrey

Maitrey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks but" plz help me"

my brightness is always FUll....i have always keeps on PUSH mail and ya i have some news apps which gives constant notifications...
and my area s 3G service is not good..my 3G networks is always comes on and off 1 min it works on 3G other Edge...
and i m staying In Junagadh,Gujrat,India whr temp is usul 32-38'C...so it can be the reson of geting Hot my Ipad????

and when i charged my charger is geting HOT also

plz help me i love my Ipad:eek::eek:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maitrey said:
my brightness is always FUll....i have always keeps on PUSH mail and ya i have some news apps which gives constant notifications...
and my area s 3G service is not good..my 3G networks is always comes on and off 1 min it works on 3G other Edge...
and i m staying In Junagadh,Gujrat,India whr temp is usul 32-38'C...so it can be the reson of geting Hot my Ipad????

and when i charged my charger is geting HOT also

plz help me i love my Ipad:eek::eek:

Well if that's how you are running your iPad, yes it will drain your battery faster....turn your brightness down and turn auto brightness on...this in itself will save quite a bit of battery life. I have my email set for manual and have push off. Whenever I open email is when they will be uploaded, another battery saver. Try to limit your notifications as well and this will also save battery life.

Your iPad should never be left in the sun or somewhere where it's hot as it can overheat, like in a locked car in the sun...but with normal use there should be no problem. The charger will get warm with charging and this is normal.

Do you turn your iPad off? If it is left on 24/7 this could lead to it heating up. Always a good idea to put it to sleep when not in use.

If your iPad is continually trying to connect to 3G this will also drain your battery. So is your problem with 3G carrier related?

OP
Maitrey

Maitrey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh k thankx a lot my dear friend..heartly thank u..i will strictly follow ur instructions

and i never turned off my ipad...When should i turned off??is it good idea to turned it off at night and again turned it on in the morning???

OP
Maitrey

Maitrey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And i got to know Y i Got same problem with my replaced ipad also because thr is a some problem in my old back up..i installed it in my ipad and my 3G stopped working..so again i restored it as a new device and its started working...but i m really shocked can it be a possibility???if it is thn y some problem occur in back up?what are the resons?and how to solved it???

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maitrey said:
Oh k thankx a lot my dear friend..heartly thank u..i will strictly follow ur instructions

and i never turned off my ipad...When should i turned off??is it good idea to turned it off at night and again turned it on in the morning???

Maitrey said:
And i got to know Y i Got same problem with my replaced ipad also because thr is a some problem in my old back up..i installed it in my ipad and my 3G stopped working..so again i restored it as a new device and its started working...but i m really shocked can it be a possibility???if it is thn y some problem occur in back up?what are the resons?and how to solved it???

You should restart your iPad occasionally, I do mine every few weeks. Press and hold the power off button, the one at the top right. You will see a slide appear to power off, slide this and the screen will go dark and a Whirly will appear. When the Whirly disappears your iPad is now off. Press the power button again until the Apple logo appears, this will take a few seconds and your iPad will restart.

You should also put your iPad to sleep when not in use by pressing the power off button once. This will put it to sleep, press the home button to turn it back on.

Yes sometimes backups can become corrupted, I don't really know why, something might have happened during the backup process. You can just create a new backup now that it is working again. Enjoy!

Most reactions

Latest posts