What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2 is the best idevice and mobile device ever created so far, its sad..

fulip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipod touch, iphone4s, the new ipad, asus android nexus 7, windows phone etc..

its sad, because there are so much out there mobile device manufacturer that create device with super awsome hardware specs including the octacore arm processor, and the new ipad itself, still cant beat ipad 2 in overall performance and awsomness, iphone4s it self (which is way much more expensive than ipad 2) cant beat the ipad 2 awesomness, since the iphone is not created to be able to run ipad app, while ipad 2 does can be used as a phone, and can run almost all the iphone app, including siri, and the brand new amazing apple 3d realtime photorealistic world map.

i got quite confused when i see the overall benchmarck test result saying the ipad 2 is still superior from ipad 3, dont you?

there are also a lot of review about the new ipad battery leakage, longer charging time, thermal problems et cetera.
and also negative review about the inability of high end graphics gaming and app to maximizing the potential of the (even) high end octacore android device processor.

i wrote this because i was in thoughts of buying the new ipad or high specs android device. despite its amazing hardware specification, and jawdropping commercials, i think i prefer to believe the end user customer experience out there that stated on overall end user experience, benchmark test, gaming/application experience, ipad 2 still on top of all.

does the death of steve jobs, really crippling apple from creating the more awesome device ?
(ipad 2 is the last device created by apple with steve jobs as the ceo) iphone4s created by apple with steve jobs still alive, but no longer as ceo. and the new ipad is the first idevice, released by apple with no steve jobs at all.

now im considering that the leadership of steve jobs itself, is the true soul of the groundbreaking not only apple, but the whole world high class device.
he really do change the world, and it will took quite some time until someone can beat his reccord.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Having owned briefly the iP2 before upgrading to the iP3 I must say IMHO the iP3 is much better especially the Retina Display. And also I have no issues with the battery whether it's the overheating issue(have not experienced it)nor with charge time.

OP
F

fulip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having owned briefly the iP2 before upgrading to the iP3 I must say IMHO the iP3 is much better especially the Retina Display. And also I have no issues with the battery whether it's the overheating issue(have not experienced it)nor with charge time.
well i dont know if i got wrong info from internet article, but what you are saying, quite interesting

i do know and have tried my self about the retina display on one of the official apple store retails.
it is true way better than the ipad 2.

but i also see so many videos on youtube about the comparison between the two, even the difference is quite not so remarkable
but everyone would notice when watching (realtime side by side compare test) that ipad 2 still superior in faster game load, safari browsing, wifi/3g connection etc.

so based on the article i read, the videos i watched, in terms of OVERALL performance, cost (if i have to sell the old one, and buy the new one), benefits,so far i still agree to all those people that i have to hold down my self until the new tablet breakthrough is released by apple. or other vendor.

i dont know if you have compare side by side between the two yourself and make your own opinion about the OVERALL superiority of ipad 3,

i was wrong when i say "problems" and "issues"
what i mean about the "issue", is that not actually that ipad 3 has problems with those situations. what i ment with issues is that ipad3 is still hotter, and longer in charging time (maybe not quite noticable). it doesnt mean as problems, i rather say that ipad 3 is still inferior compared with ipad 2 based on peoples review of course, not by me, since i dont have it yet.

untill i read a lot more review from people like you, and convince me, that what i have read so far is not actually true. maybe then i would decide to buy ipad 3. or maybe you yourself can prove that i was wrong about what i have read in terms of overall performance.

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I suggest you take a big breath relax the iPad 3 is a much better experiance for users whom wish to take advantage of the much higher resolution and use the applications that have been upgraded to take advantage of the new screen.. I own both tablets and comparing them is night and day. Performance, without question is better but the visual impact is much more. I donot have issues with battery life both last around the same time. If you decided to play intensive games yes you loose some battery life compared to the iPad 2 but again the benifit in resolution of the games and the performance is worth it. Some users just use the iPad for basic tasks in that case one does not need the performance. The iPad 3 does not get hot period. One more thing... Steve jobs was involved in the building of the new iPad 3 and would have had a big say in next years new iPad plus the iPhone 5 and other devices that are being rolled out this sept and October. Enjoy your new iPad .

OP
F

fulip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suggest you take a big breath relax the iPad 3 is a much better experiance for users whom wish to take advantage of the much higher resolution and use the applications that have been upgraded to take advantage of the new screen.. I own both tablets and comparing them is night and day. Performance, without question is better but the visual impact is much more. I donot have issues with battery life both last around the same time. If you decided to play intensive games yes you loose some battery life compared to the iPad 2 but again the benifit in resolution of the games and the performance is worth it. Some users just use the iPad for basic tasks in that case one does not need the performance. The iPad 3 does not get hot period. One more thing... Steve jobs was involved in the building of the new iPad 3 and would have had a big say in next years new iPad plus the iPhone 5 and other devices that are being rolled out this sept and October. Enjoy your new iPad .

wow i dont know if steve jobs involved in building of ipad 3.
anyway, your statement quite new for me, its very positive about ipad 3, unlike any other i have read previously. if i have a lot of money, i wouldnt need to seek for reviews. just pick one.

okay one question
if until today you still dont have ipad 3 (if you are in my position, just a regular restaurant employee, with ipad 2 in hand, standard living in a self service flat, no family, early thirty, heavy gamer), would you still buy it, or will you wait until the next ipad release.?

Sissy526

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never mind, didn't see that you already own an iPad 2.

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My, my, my. Confused by reading too much internet, are we?

The iPad new has a much, much better screen, not just on text but on images too. If you read much it pays back in spades. you can't see the benefit from a simple casual glance at the screen. Obviously, you have not experienced LTE in action, either.

I have no issues with battery, I have many games that play at 4x resolution, I can read technical PDFs at full screen and see all equations, and 4G speed is outstanding. Images are outstanding. I have no wifi connection problems ever, overheating is not an issue. Charging time is longer, but it is not a problem, I've never woken up in the morning without a full charge. If you want an iPad 2, be my guest. You can buy yesterday's tech and be happy with no first-hand knowledge.

Of course, some people need validation of others to feel good, rather than paying attention to their own needs. To each his or her own.

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have had the original iPad, iPad 2 and the new iPad. I am extremely happy with the new camera and I find it easier to read with the new screen. I charge it every night and it usually lasts all the next day (and I use it a lot every day). My kids, grown, are happy with the old ones, but not as happy as they would be if they had the new iPad. It is a bit warmer but not a problem.

Bobbi

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
well i domt know if i got wrong info from internet article, but what you are saying, quite interesting

i do know and have tried my self about the retina display on one of the official apple store retails.
it is true way better than the ipad 2.

but i also see so many videos on youtube about the comparison between the two, even the difference is quite not so remarkable
but everyone would notice when watching (realtime side by side compare test) that ipad 2 still superior in faster game load, safari browsing, wifi/3g connection etc.

so based on the article i read, the videos i watched, in terms of OVERALL performance, cost (if i have to sell the old one, and buy the new one), benefits,so far i still agree to all those people that i have to hold down my self until the new tablet breakthrough is released by apple. or other vendor.

i dont know if you have compare side by side between the two yourself and make your own opinion about the OVERALL superiority of ipad 3,

i was wrong when i say "problems" and "issues"
what i mean about the "issue", is that not actually that ipad 3 has problems with those situations. what i ment with issues is that ipad3 is still hotter, and longer in charging time (maybe not quite noticable). it doesnt mean as problems, i rather say that ipad 3 is still inferior compared with ipad 2 based on peoples review of course, not by me, since i dont have it yet.

untill i read a lot more review from people like you, and convince me, that what i have read so far is not actually true. maybe then i would decide to buy ipad 3. or maybe you yourself can prove that i was wrong about what i have read in terms of overall performance.

I didn't do a side by side comparison because I didn't need to. I could tell a big difference between the two resolutions and the iPad 3 is much cleaner,crisper and crystal clear compared to the iPad 2. But that's not saying that the iPad 2 is a bad machine and I wouldn't have upgraded but after reading the good things about the Retina Display and how easy on the eyes it is(and for one that suffers from eye strain easy that's a plus for me)I wanted to upgrade and I'm glad I did.

OP
F

fulip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't do a side by side comparison because I didn't need to. I could tell a big difference between the two resolutions and the iPad 3 is much cleaner,crisper and crystal clear compared to the iPad 2. But that's not saying that the iPad 2 is a bad machine and I wouldn't have upgraded but after reading the good things about the Retina Display and how easy on the eyes it is(and for one that suffers from eye strain easy that's a plus for me)I wanted to upgrade and I'm glad I did.
okay, thats quite convincing. next is, im going to wait until i have the chance to have one. thanks.

OP
F

fulip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had the original iPad, iPad 2 and the new iPad. I am extremely happy with the new camera and I find it easier to read with the new screen. I charge it every night and it usually lasts all the next day (and I use it a lot every day). My kids, grown, are happy with the old ones, but not as happy as they would be if they had the new iPad. It is a bit warmer but not a problem.

Bobbi
despite everything i have read about benchmark test, performance test et cetera, i do can't be more agree with you. if someone give me an ipad 3, and compare it myself, i might be able to give a lot more fair review about those two device, doesnt mean i would say ipad 3 is better though, the result may still unpredictable, i'l just wait til i got one.

Last edited:
OP
F

fulip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i wish everyone out there is as lucky as you, in terms of having an ipad 3 with good battery and no overheating.

i wonder if it is affected by the different manufacturer between ipad ?
there are also more than 1 ipad battery manufacturer company, could it affect the heat difference ?
well you know some ipad manufactured in china and some are manufactured elsewhere, would you mind telling here, in which country your ipad were being manufactured ?

Last edited:
OP
F

fulip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My, my, my. Confused by reading too much internet, are we?
can't say no..

The iPad new has a much, much better screen, not just on text but on images too. If you read much it pays back in spades. you can't see the benefit from a simple casual glance at the screen.
its The New iPad , but im agree about the screen. have seen it myself.

Obviously, you have not experienced LTE in action, either.
obviously..

I have no issues with battery, I have many games that play at 4x resolution, I can read technical PDFs at full screen and see all equations, and 4G speed is outstanding. Images are outstanding. I have no wifi connection problems ever, overheating is not an issue. Charging time is longer, but it is not a problem, I've never woken up in the morning without a full charge. If you want an iPad 2, be my guest. You can buy yesterday's tech and be happy with no first-hand knowledge.
about the battery and heat. might it corelate with something you can read on my previous post ?
i have an ipad 2, but still.. how can i be your guest only by having it...?
and yes i agree if ipad 2 is kinda old tech, but hey, the new iPad also have been released quite while ago.., and could also be said as yesterdays tech.. if it is created yesterday doesnt it?
and you're wrong if im happy with no first hand knowledge. you are so wrong.
if you kindly giving me the new ipad, i would be happy.. even though i might still say ipad 2 is good
but yes, i would be happy...

Of course, some people need validation of others to feel good, rather than paying attention to their own needs. To each his or her own.
i dont know if you just know some people so well. but for sure, you know yourself more than anyone..

sorry no flaming.
here in my thread actually your review is indeed something that i really need to read. thank you

Last edited:
OP
F

fulip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you are so creating balance of reviews that i need so far.

so many things i would not going to notice if you dont tell about the new ipad, well i already know about the visual thing, but so far i think the details about gaming performance, its impact to battery life i only got it from you.

but the sad thing is.. when i read it, its already near october.

Most reactions