What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 is the best, hands down!

levya25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think apple really got it down pat with the iPad2- the apps are better and it does not freeze anymore (my first one did and was slow w everything).

Last edited by a moderator:

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
levya25 said:
I think apple really got it down pat with the iPad2- the apps are better and it does not freeze anymore (my first one did and was slow w everything).

Interesting... One of my fellow employees who updated from the iPad 1 to the iPad 2 said the exact opposite! He said that he's noticed apps crashing more than they did on his iPad 1!!

Anyone else have any input on this?

morb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, the Ipad 2 is a great device. I was going to get an Ipad 1 but waited for the Ipad 2 to come out. And when I compare it to others who have the first Ipad you can tell a difference in the speed.

Rubicon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.greatlittlewargame.com
As a developer, this thing caused us nightmares for a while. It is much, much better from a tech viewpoint, but the graphics drivers that sit under the hood are not as stable as for the old iPad.

We've fixed our own problems, but I think moving forward it's bound to get better as new firmware updates come out.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's interesting to know, thanks for that! Always good to see from a dev viewpoint.

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 1 and 2. I still like my 1 just fine. 2 is faster, but 1 is no slouch. My apps are stable on both. Both of mine are in identical cases and colors (black), and I often forget which one I'm using. I don't play games, though, and maybe there's a big difference between 1 and 2 when it comes to that; I wouldn't know.

I bought a second iPad because I wanted a backup while charging and synching. I would've been happy with a second iPad 1, but figured iPad 2 might get a generation or two more in firmware updates.

I bought my husband an iPad 1 on clearance, and he's happy with it.

Prometheus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah even I have not noticed any sluggishness from the iPad 1 so I guess it is still a good hardware. iPad2 of course if many times better than the earlier version.

littlesue73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had the 1st gen iPad and now I have the iPad 2 and I must say I have noticed a big improvement, don't get me wrong the 1st one worked very well but iPad 2 is a lot quicker and opening websites up are a breeze even on 3G they open up a lot quicker too, multi tasking is lot quicker too.

Out of both of them the iPad 2 wins hands down. :)

clement

iPF Noob
Reaction score
levya25 said:

Interesting... One of my fellow employees who updated from the iPad 1 to the iPad 2 said the exact opposite! He said that he's noticed apps crashing more than they did on his iPad 1!!

Yeah, I also update iPad 1 to iPad 2, and my situation is the same as you, what should I do now? Help! !!

fwdcode

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.feedrunnerapp.com
No Crash Yet

levya25 said:

Yeah, I also update iPad 1 to iPad 2, and my situation is the same as you, what should I do now? Help! !!

I have had my iPad 2 for a while now and use it just about every day. I have had no problems with crashing. Have you made sure that you close out of the running tasks every once and a while? Also do a restart every now and then. This should clean things up a bit. The other thing is that the developer that made the application that you are using could have a few bugs in the application that cause it to crash. These usually get fixed in updates. Log into the app store and make sure that all of your apps are up to date. If it is happening on a particular application, you may want to inform the developers about the issue if they have a website or a support page. Just a thought. Good Luck!!

Most reactions

Latest posts