What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 is slower to recharge and lower battery power than ipad 1

felixslm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear all,

I just got my new ipad 2 64GB 3G i found that with all the same setup, ipad 2 is slower to recharge approx5 hours and the battery doesnt last as long as ipad1.

Help pls? May be i set itwrongky?

machtron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new user to iPad I am using iPad 2 wifi I choose the same because the 3G draws more power as per ur service provider range ie is the sim card ur using. I have a baundlux portable router and I am happy with the performance since even I can connect my iPad and iPhone at a time with a single connection.
Cheers

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is the iPad 1 running the most current software revision?

Some people have reported battery life improvements if they go into the Restriction under General settings and turn off Ping. This is a fairly new feature added in the 4.3.x iOS, if memory serves.

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I disagree, Ive tested both ipads out and the iPad 2 actually has a better life than the iPad 1. I think it just depends on the charing cycles that the iPad 1 have been put thought proior to testing it.

Most reactions