Ipad 2 is official..details here xoom owned by ipad 2

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Demandarin, Mar 2, 2011.

1. madsquabbles

madsquabbles
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    i didn't really see any "owning" more than just catching up. the ipad finally has some features that come standard in so many other android tablets. except for some of the features you'll have to lay extra cash for.

2. 4phun

4phun
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I am forcing myself to use only a iPad for four or five days now, to see if it could be done.
    I have become much more familiar with key iPa apps as a result.

Not too bad so far.

The Android mess has doubled from 21 malware to over fifty found by Google last night.

It appears at least one of these has been there for about one month according to what I read on the LOOP security blog.

That is not good!

You might want to use Bing to find out more as Google has a vested interest in covering this news up.

No reasonable person would suspect Google would ever alter search results, would they?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

3. madsquabbles

madsquabbles
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    from what i read, the malware affects older versions android. the hole that's exploited was patched in recent versions of android.

this is the biggest downside of fragmentation and the fact that it's up to the cell phone mfg's whether or not to update a phone to a current, more secure os version. at least with apple every device can run the same os version.

4. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    No need to jailbreak to do all that. You can upload movies from iPhoto, or get a MobileMe account and shoot video with your iPhone upload it to MobileMe and download it to iMovie.

I don't think I movie will be exclusive to iPad 2....iOS 4.3 will be available to iPad 1 on march 11.

#74 gentlefury, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  5. DontUnderstandMyIpad

DontUnderstandMyIpad
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    You can indeed load movies via iTunes onto iMovie, however the app itself is only available for iPad 2, iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4th gen.

Considering the specs of the latter two, it seems to be the RAM preventing it to work on iPad 1.

6. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    There is also the factor that the increase in battery usage from the processor needs of a high resolution screen. From what I have read, 1600x1200 would be the highest resolution that would be cost and power effective. When the iPad frst came out, everyone was amazed at how great the picture was. Then they came out with Retina display and I think everyone looked more at the numbers than at the experience, especially the total impact.

#76 Seadog, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  7. Demandarin

Demandarin
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I see ur point. Ipad was my 1st major apple product. They trying to suck me in on the wo factor. I want to wait for ipad3 but i want those cams n faster cpu n better graphix. We will see as time passes. I wanna see a heavy duty app being pushed on ipad 2 to see how it really does.

8. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    In an interesting report this morning, a reputable Android app developer was shocked to find out that one of his apps was pulled by Google with no notice. he only found out because his royalties stopped coming in. When he tried to find out why, Google would not discuss it with him, and when he did get someone to talk, he was told he violated some rule, but not what rule, and that if he complained too much, or did it again, all his apps would be pulled. Talk about heavy handed! He is getting a coalition of android app developers together to force Google to listen to them.

9. Demandarin

Demandarin
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Dang, Android goin the route of charli sheen..lol google aint playing round since they prcious Android is fallin apart b4 their eyes.

10. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Google is trying to be Apple. The problem is they do not understand the finer points of how Apple works. Apple walks a fine line with the app developers. They understand the need to take a hard line when necessary, and when to make nice with developers. Look at who was the last app developer that Apple made a noise about rejecting: Sony. Better to piss off one of the big boys than to appear to be kicking the small outfits around. Google has a lot of lessons to learn and if they don't speed up the learning process, they will just wind up making Apple look better and better.