What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 is 4x Faster than Original iPad

Darkrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The ipad2 is faster and has better graphics.

Awesome!!!

The cameras are not as important to me.

The only reason I am not buying one is I can't afford it after buying the first iPad?

To those of us with the money. Go for it. I am glad for you.

The kids and the wife cost a LOT of money.

Tom.

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iluvmyipad said:
I am trying to decide if I will upgrade to ipad2. I just did the software update, I'll see how that goes first. I saw the ipad2 in best buy, very nice. Incredibly thin, love it.

I didn't even have to think about upgrading from my iPad. I wanted the iPad2 as soon as I heard about it. It is definitely speedier than the iPad.

Kendo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't understand how it can be 4 times faster. My iPad 1 seems lightening fast for what ever I use it for. I would like to give the iPad 2 a go just to test this out.

I considered getting an iPad 2 but bought the camera connection kit and saved myself £700.

I think for "kudos" sake it would be great to have an ipad2 but I just haven't seen/read anything at all to sway me.

Maybe that will all change when I actually get to try one out and my wife and I will have to have that "did we REALLY" need that? Conversation all over again.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I played with the 2 yesterday at BB for a good 10 minutes, and it definitely is faster. And while I am sure that after a while I would notice, for my day to day use, it wasn't quite the killer difference in speed I expected, but I also don't do heavy gaming, etc. I also don't have any complaints about the iPad 1 browser speed or app opening as it is. I tested the 2's browser and several apps like Pages and iBooks, similar to what I might use. They all were faster, but when I got home, and back on my 1, I didn't find myself feeling that my 1 suddenly stopped performing. I couldn't really discern the difference for my needs, although clearly it is there. So if anything, it's just a testament that the 1 is a great product and the 2 continues it, but the 1 can hold its own in the meantime too for people as a choice.

Crazyquilt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried out an iPad 2 with my iPad beside it. My primary concern was graphics and touchscreen performance, as I am an artist who uses my iPad for sketching. The only app both had in common was Zen Brush, and there was every but as much brush lag on the iPad 2 as on my iPad. I wanted the 2 to be faster, but it just wasn't. I am now much less interested in the iPad 2.

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Darkrider said:
The ipad2 is faster and has better graphics.

Awesome!!!

The cameras are not as important to me.

The only reason I am not buying one is I can't afford it after buying the first iPad?

To those of us with the money. Go for it. I am glad for you.

The kids and the wife cost a LOT of money.

Tom.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I sold my iPad.
I do the same with other devices, sell the old then buy the new.

Most reactions

Latest posts