What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 - iPad Mini

celia50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yippee ! I have bought my Mini and my BH would take my iPad 2,now I like to transfer my personal data to Mini but need some advice to do this.

Please can anyone help.

Thanks Celia

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Celia,

It's a pretty painless process, firstly, check out this link http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2109

Then, if you have any other questions before you do the transfer please let us know and I'm sure we can help as many of us here have been through this process.

The Archangel

OP
C

celia50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Celia,

It's a pretty painless process, firstly, check out this link http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2109

Then, if you have any other questions before you do the transfer please let us know and I'm sure we can help as many of us here have been through this process.

The Archangel

Thanks Gabriel,I would check out the link also is it best to have a new Apple ID or stick to the old one ?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Gabriel,I would check out the link also is it best to have a new Apple ID or stick to the old one ?

No, definitely stick with he old Apple ID, it's that ID which makes moving between and upgrading devices so easy.

The Archangel

OP
C

celia50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, definitely stick with he old Apple ID, it's that ID which makes moving between and upgrading devices so easy.

The Archangel

OK I also noticed the Apps on iPad2 like Skype and ExpatFocus are not free for iPad Mini

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK I also noticed the Apps on iPad2 like Skype and ExpatFocus are not free for iPad Mini

No, I'm afraid that isn't correct, anything that is free for the iPad 2 is also free for the mini, in every case. Check that you aren't looking at a different app for an iPhone or by a different developer.

The Archangel

OP
C

celia50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I'm afraid that isn't correct, anything that is free for the iPad 2 is also free for the mini, in every case. Check that you aren't looking at a different app for an iPhone or by a different developer.

The Archangel

Yes,the ExpatForum is not free £1.49 actually so would use iPad 2 instead of mini.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes,the ExpatForum is not free £1.49 actually so would use iPad 2 instead of mini.

I'm sorry, I don't understand your problem. ExpatForum is £1.49 on the iPad 2 and Mini. I am certain of this (and just in case I had missed something I checked on both). All iPad apps are the same price, either free or a specific cost, across all iPads......always.

The Archangel

OP
C

celia50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I don't understand your problem. ExpatForum is £1.49 on the iPad 2 and Mini. I am certain of this (and just in case I had missed something I checked on both). All iPad apps are the same price, either free or a specific cost, across all iPads......always.

The Archangel

I have free ExpatForum app on iPad2 but it is £ 1.49 to download on Mini,sorry for not explaining myself

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes,I was advised to keep my Apple ID

In that case all I can think of is that the app was originally free but has become a paid app since you purchased it originally. It may be worth checking the purchased tab in the App Store on your iPad Mini.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts