1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Ipad 2/ios6 - calendar syncing with google - totally confused...

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Chilledspode, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Chilledspode

Chilledspode iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi folks,
    I am an old dog trying to learn new tricks and struggling. I am trying to find the current and proper way to setup 2 way sync of my iPad calendar to my google calendar. I have found over the last 6-9 months of Internet searches many different ways from creating exchange accounts, using google sync, creating a caldev account and I suspect I now have conflicts between these various approaches.
    What is the current preferred way to setup google calendar and contacts sync with the native iPad calendar and contacts and then I want to start exploring multiple calendars to support shared family calendars. Thanks for your time. Mark
  2. MattIM

MattIM Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    Sorry that noone has come to your aide! I only have two calendars to sync, one for work and then my personal calendar. About the only time I have to sync both is when I decide a vacation time. When I do that I invite myself to vacation and send the invite to my personal email. My calendar needs are really very simple. I hope someone else can reply back to help you.
  3. Chilledspode

Chilledspode iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Matt

I think I got myself sorted out. Too many accounts, too complex. I deleted exchange, caldev, and iCloud accounts and left only my gmail account and turned on contacts and calendar handling and things started to sort themselves out.

I now have Sync 2 handling 2 way sync with my work exchange contacts and calendar to google and my iPad gmail account handling 2 way sync between google and my iPad native contacts and calendar. I this way I actually have 2 way sync between my work exchange and my iPad native contacts and calendar.

From here I can explore multiple calendars and I think I should be able to get to where I need to.

Cheers

Mark