What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 invisible shield

Hotbod13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, I just bought an iPad 2, but I cant decide whether or not to buy an invisible shield by zagg. I am already buying one for the back b/c I have a smart cover, but should I buy one for the front. My iPad is never going to leave me house, and I don't want to lose the glass feel, but at the same time I might need it. Thoughts? Thanks!

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
I have an iPhone 3GS for over a year and a half. Everybody told me to get those shields to protect the display of the iPhone. But I never did it as I felt it was a bit like overprotecting... And guess what, still no scratch or anything. Looks as good as when I got it.

Of course, you have to be careful, like not using sand paper to clean it, but it has been thru a lot and still looks brand new. As for the back, I don't really care if there is a scratch as I don't usually see it ;). But still, no scratch after all that time.

My 2 cents...

VicoPad addict!

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am as not sure if i will cover the screen on my ipad2 i my just get some thing for the back i even think apple thinks you will be ok not to cover it . you think if you need it they would sell it to put more money in there pockets

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Instead of just worrying about scratches, I'm more concerned about accidentally dropping an iPad, so I put money toward a square trade warranty for my idevices.

romanr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you should put on a screen film on when you use the smart cover since its design makes it possible for dirt or other materials to get on the inside of the cover. The film will prevent this scenario from scratching the glass.

nicepal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well. Though steve want to make it with lesser weight, I felt apple also want to show tt their product have such smart cover and at the same time reveal the aluminium of ipad2 and create a level of marketting from there.

Applebaum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zagg shield

I think you would be wise to get one asap! It protects the glass and perfectly! I have them for all of my gadgets and i love it! You still have a smooth feel when working with it. So.....:) get it.

JSenger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find no need for a protector, just a case with a cover for it.

GaurhothW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did not use a protector on my ipad1 and developed several noticeable (but barely) scratches during the 6 months of use. I too didn't want to lose the feel of the glass.

That fact and the utter lack of protection for the back up of the ipad2 with a smart cover led me to get a Zagg full body protector. It's only $10 extra to get both front and back. I'd recommend you purchase the full body set and try it. You can always remove it.

So far, while the touch experience is altered, it's not altered necessarily in a negative way.

I will admit, I feel a little less 'stressed' about using it since I'm not always worrying about dust/debris getting trapped between the smart cover and the glass. The way you normally roll the smart cover up as a stand allows it to collect a lot of dust/grime on the glass-facing side of the cover.

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Personally enjoy the feel of the zagg on the screen vs without. I like the GRIPPY feel as a like to call it! But I do like that you have it for the back! That is a necessity in my book!

Now I would snormally say are you CRAZY def get a zagg for the front! But since you stated that it will not leave the house and don't want to lose the feel of glass, IF you can take it VERY good care of it and are not reckless than go without because it is def possible to keep it perfect!

BUT like I said I think that's Crazy! Just picture this, one day when you find a ugly ol' scratch on that beautiful screen you'll wish you did! so choose wisely!

Another thing I would factor is wether you will keep the iPad 2 when the iPad 3 comes out? Because if you do plan on selling maybe you don't need it. I personally will not sell my iPads I still have my iPad 1 and prob not gonna sell the iPad 2 either, so I plan on keeping them and I would want to keep the pristine!

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm just paranoid about something scratching the screen. The smart cover can easily pick up a small piece of unnoticeable debris and rub it on your screen when you close it. Also like the feel of the screen protector and the fact I don't constantly have to wipe finger streaks off of it (one of my little obsessions).

Sent from my iPad2 A1396 using iPF

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Applebaum said:
It's just a good idea to protect your investment. When you go to re-sell it you'll be happy you did!

Even if you don't plan to resell it, protecting the device is always a good idea. It's like insurance: you don't 'need' it under most situations and you hope never to have to use it, but it can give you peace of mind and save you a lot of hassle.

Applebaum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
Even if you don't plan to resell it, protecting the device is always a good idea. It's like insurance: you don't 'need' it under most situations and you hope never to have to use it, but it can give you peace of mind and save you a lot of hassle.

Yes, your right it's like insurance. Peace of mind!

Most reactions

Latest posts