ipad 2 internet

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by baz178, Dec 28, 2011.

1. baz178

baz178 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    HI new to the forum uk Right i am getting a ipad 2 16gb for my bithday which is a week on Saturday just wanted to know is the internet browsing a good day to day use or do you still use the laptop for internet use ?

2. Chigwell

Chigwell iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I only bought my Ipad yesterday and it really is quality and i can see myself not using my laptop as much if im honest! Just a little tip if your looking at using your Ipad for films etc i would get at least a 32GB :) but its up to you!

3. baz178

baz178 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    no just want it for photos and music really and the odd few apps and the internet for stuff like facebook twitter and paying bills and email just stuff like that and the odd game

4. jsh1120

jsh1120 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    For "browsing" the iPad is fine. For intensive use of the web for purposes such as research, there are inherent limitations. About 95% of my internet use is on my desktop or laptop where I have multiple monitors and can have multiple resizable windows on each one. But that is quite different from a user who accesses the web for casual consumption of a single web page at a time. Furthermore, depending upon the web sites you frequent, you may find the absence of support for "flash" in the Safari web browser to be a limitation. Other browsers overcome that limitation to some extent but since there is no way to change your "default" browser on the iPad, that introduces other annoyances.

No one can tell you whether the iPad is adequate for your needs without knowing more about your requirements. In general, if you find that your latop/desktop is overkill for your requirements, the iPad will be a reasonable substitute. On the other hand, if your requirements fall toward the "power user" end of the spectrum, you may find the iPad to be a good complement to your other system(s) (I do.) but you're unlikely to find that it is an adequate substitute.

5. baz178

baz178 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    it will be just browsing like Facebook abit off Google twitter, bill paying and youtube just casual stuff really

6. MrLuke

MrLuke iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    You should be fine in that case. Its worthwhile downloading the respective apps for things like twitter. It makes life a whole lot easier. It's also worth remembering the IPad can only allow 9 tabs to be open in safari at a time although I'm sure other browsers probably allow more.

7. baz178

baz178 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok cheers sound guna get one then for my birthday

8. oberkc

oberkc iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    If I had to list the top three uses for which the iPad is best suited, internet browsing would most certainly be included.

9. AdmiralAdama

AdmiralAdama Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
    Ratings:
    +608 / 0
    Since getting an iPad I've abandoned my home PC. I use it for surfing, reading newspapers and magazines, books, watching TV shows and movies.
    At work it's a research tool thanks to some excellent business and financial markets apps, paid and free.

AA

10. Chigwell

Chigwell iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just so you remember for the future, If you are a gamer on facebook games these games do not work on Ipad as the Ipad does not support Flash

11. freebirdforever

freebirdforever iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    You can, however download different browsers that allow flash based content.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk