What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 in the U.S.

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has the craziness stopped re peeps lining up to purchase?

Are they easily available in the stores now or is there a shortage?

tweeter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure. I picked up 2 16GBs on Tuesday for my grandkids. I had gone to Best Buy to get a cover for mine, and when the guy told me they still had a few 16's left, I just couldn't help myself.

All they had were the 16GB, in black. Not sure how many they started with, or how many were left.

Herrflik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I picked mine up at the florida orange mall. They had no shortage of verizon models in all versions and this was on the day after they were released. The guy said they get shipments everyday around lunchtime but there is no guarantee on the trucks what iPads they get.

I think if your not too picky about getting it from an apple store a best buy or a walmart should have some in.

Good luck

elgerber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was at the Apple store yesterday, to buy a cable, and he said every day they open an hour early, and every day there are a bunch of people that have been lining up for about 2hours. The run out as soon as they open everyday.

OP
B

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So in Florida, things are slowing down.
I wonder what it is like in Buffalo, New York?

Cadena96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well, considering it just went international today, 3/25, t here'll be shortages for another month or two...not like anything will change because it's ipad 2, vs ipad 1 a year ago (waits will be even longer)

Herrflik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Biggysmallz said:
So in Florida, things are slowing down.
I wonder what it is like in Buffalo, New York?

It seemed slow there in general. I waited only 20 minutes and the queue had only ten people in it. All weekend i saw people were happily buying ipad2s from walmarts and bestbuys (i was doing a lot of shopping that weekend lol) with no delay or dissapointment. This is orlando area fyi in case anyone is round there.

Twism86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
gardenstatetrout.com
I got mine Wednesday this week and had to wait 3 hours but they got a lot in. Im sure they were all sold out by 10am anyway. From what i hear its lines everyday and they sell quick. I also live where there is only 1 apple store for a good distance.

Dream

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here in Minnesota there still sold out every where. The Apple store at the Mall of America gets some in every day, but I refuse to wait in line to give Apple my money. Arg!

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure. I picked up 2 16GBs on Tuesday for my grandkids. I had gone to Best Buy to get a cover for mine, and when the guy told me they still had a few 16's left, I just couldn't help myself.

All they had were the 16GB, in black. Not sure how many they started with, or how many were left.

Lots of big retailers like BB and WM are only getting 16gb's. I had a false alarm yesterday. Someone I know works at WM, and she happened to come to my job. She was like I was wondering if I would see you because we got some iPad 2's in (4). I was freaking out. [I want the white 64 wifi.] She called in and asked what they had, and she found out that all of them were 16gb black. She said they are getting more in soon, but they'll probably be white 16's!

manitou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Biggysmallz said:
Has the craziness stopped re peeps lining up to purchase?

Are they easily available in the stores now or is there a shortage?

I have waited in line on several different occasions. About 10 days ago I "gave up" and ordered one thru the Apple Store (online). Ship date was April 20. Called local Apple Store at noon today to check availability and surprisingly they had a few in stock that were part of a second shipment that arrived after the store opened. When I walked in the store, told the first employee I saw that I wanted 32 GB black wi-fi. He said "all we have is 3G models." I was bummed! But stuck to it and let him know as of 15 minutes ago I was told there was availability for wi-fi only. Another employee took me aside and said "Let's check." sure enough there was a 32 GB black wi-fi in stock.

Came home and logged in with my order number and cancelled the online one (simple process).

So, are they easy? In a word "NO," but if you are persistent, you might get one sooner than later.

Loving mine with my Marware case that arrived a few days ago!

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been checking stores around Philly and have not seen one in stock. Not going to go stand in line for one either.

Vonbonds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been checking stores around Philly and have not seen one in stock. Not going to go stand in line for one either.

I am with you. I am near Philly too and haven't found any availalble in stores local. I won't wait in any lines but patiently wait till they are easier to come by.

chazmink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rudinater said:

The Philly area is real tough. I got one at the Apple Store in Voorhees, NJ on Tuesday Many false starts and near hits but I finally found one. I shopped many Targets, Walmarts and Best Buys by phone and in person to no avail. The Target online inventory system was never accurate, often days behind. I started looking at 7:00 pm on launch day and only waited in line once and that day they didn't have any 64gb at all. I really don't think the Apple store distribution system is fair to anyone that works traditional hours.
Good luck,
Charlie
Mount Laurel, NJ

Most reactions

Latest posts