1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad 2 in France

Discussion in 'International iPad Users' started by quinconces, Apr 13, 2011.

1. quinconces

quinconces iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    New to ipad2 here in France. Can I use my iPhone 4 sim in my soon to arrive ( I hope!) iPad 2 and will the iPad 2 run on my existing network plan without extra charges? There is too much conflicting info here. ! Thanks.
    Quinconces.
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Although your iPhone4 microSIM will physically fit in to your iPad it's not certain that you'd be able to use it without incurring additional charges. Some carriers do not mind if SIM cards are swapped between devices while others do. So, without knowing your carrier's policy on this issue, it's impossible to say. When you receive your iPad simply try placing the card from your iPhone into the iPad. Initially there won't be an issue - i.e. you'll see the signal bars indicating that you're receiving a signal. But, when you first open Safari, it may direct you to your service provider's website and ask you to sign up for a new account. If it doesn't, then you're OK.

In the UK I have SIM cards from three service providers. Two of them I can move freely between my devices and there's no problem, whereas the third always takes me to the service provider's website if I place it into a new device.

Tim
  3. quinconces

quinconces iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Delivery delay in France

I want to thank you for the courtesy of your detailed response It is actually very helpful and is in line with my own thoughts. I find the ISP tele reps here more than useless And the franchise outlets just want your money!
    My bad news is that Apple now tell me my delivery date has slipped by three weeks.
    C'est la vie.
    From my iPhone in Bordeaux.
  4. quinconces

quinconces iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think my response post got misfiled under another thread. Mea culpa
  5. iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings: