What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 in february?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not to disappoint you it is a rumor been there done that however we appreciate your input.
My point is simple never assume ok Apple follows a specific path and yes there will be a new iPad however April is most likely the release date based on previous releases

We will update the information when it is available so be patient.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On Computer World, a pundit has come out with the summary of what experts consider to be the next version of the iPad (v.2.0)

Apple will replace the 3G model with a World iPad using Qualcomm's multimode CDMA-GSM chip.

5.0 megapixel cameras from Omnivsion will be installed and it will run Facetime.

It will be thinner and lighter. It is expected that reported carbon fiber shells and Liquid Metal components will be used to cut the weight down. (My personal opinion is v.3.0.) Apple is also working on ultra thin glass panels.

Possibly a new processor based on the ARM Cortex A9 chip will give faster speed, plus graphic support and memory will be improved.

Expect improved displays, but maybe not fully to the level of Retina Displays.

The next iPad is expected in Q1 2011, and there will be a major software upgrade to iOS next June.

Apple has 95% of the tablet market and 80% of the prospective tablet buyers say they want an iPad. Apple is very detrmine to dominate this market. The are already the biggest PC maker. They will hold the price down while continueing to change the competition faster than they can keep up.

My opinion is that these may happen and if so, another home run for Apple. I will wait to see on whether these things happen.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But we can't wait! We want it and we want it now.....

Actually I'm in no hurry to be tempted to buy a new device. As far as I'm concerned it could be 2012, and I'd be content. Of course that would only give us a few months to use the device before the end of the world.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not a chance....Apple has consistantly refreshed their devices yearly...so the soonest you will see a new iPad is April and based on previous refreshes the only thing that will change will be more internal storage on this one. Maybe a cam on the next one.

I would wait till Q3 2011 when Lion comes out...no doubt there will be a MacPad introduced ;)

Macgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sold my launch day one, bought a MBA for a great deal at Apple, and have 250.00 in Best buy rewards zone, bring it one, might even sell my MBA:)

G.P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my ipad last week, and I've already committed myself to not upgrading till Generation 3. Unless G2 makes me coffee and scrambled eggs :)

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually I'm in no hurry to be tempted to buy a new device. As far as I'm concerned it could be 2012, and I'd be content. Of course that would only give us a few months to use the device before the end of the world.

:D:D

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

LOL!!! That's the way I want to die... With an iPad in my hands!:p

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really don't think I will be in for an upgrade this time around if the rumored changes come to be true. I like the form factor of the Ipad now and for what my needs are the speed and screen are pretty good. If a generation comes out with things like USB ports, memory card slots, etc. then I will probably be ready for an upgrade.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really don't think I will be in for an upgrade this time around if the rumored changes come to be true. I like the form factor of the Ipad now and for what my needs are the speed and screen are pretty good. If a generation comes out with things like USB ports, memory card slots, etc. then I will probably be ready for an upgrade.

You will never see an iPad with a memory slot and I wouldn't hold your breath for a standard USB connection (it already has USB btw). Externally the most you can expect is a camera, and probably not until gen 3.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that the GSM/CDMA chip is a very good thing to hope for. It would allow other carriers like Verizon to offer a 3G model without a mifi device. It also could make an opening for the iPhone on other carriers. A recent study shows that 1/3 of buyers of smart phones would have bought the iPhone had it been available on their carrier.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that the GSM/CDMA chip is a very good thing to hope for. It would allow other carriers like Verizon to offer a 3G model without a mifi device. It also could make an opening for the iPhone on other carriers. A recent study shows that 1/3 of buyers of smart phones would have bought the iPhone had it been available on their carrier.

I'm getting an iPhone the day its announced on Verizon!!

Most reactions

Latest posts