Ipad 2 in february?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by skatealex2, Nov 19, 2010.

1. skatealex2

skatealex2
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
  2. col.bris

col.bris
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Not to disappoint you it is a rumor been there done that however we appreciate your input.
    My point is simple never assume ok Apple follows a specific path and yes there will be a new iPad however April is most likely the release date based on previous releases

We will update the information when it is available so be patient.

3. Hasty

Hasty
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    But we can't wait! We want it and we want it now.....

4. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    On Computer World, a pundit has come out with the summary of what experts consider to be the next version of the iPad (v.2.0)

Apple will replace the 3G model with a World iPad using Qualcomm's multimode CDMA-GSM chip.

5.0 megapixel cameras from Omnivsion will be installed and it will run Facetime.

It will be thinner and lighter. It is expected that reported carbon fiber shells and Liquid Metal components will be used to cut the weight down. (My personal opinion is v.3.0.) Apple is also working on ultra thin glass panels.

Possibly a new processor based on the ARM Cortex A9 chip will give faster speed, plus graphic support and memory will be improved.

Expect improved displays, but maybe not fully to the level of Retina Displays.

The next iPad is expected in Q1 2011, and there will be a major software upgrade to iOS next June.

Apple has 95% of the tablet market and 80% of the prospective tablet buyers say they want an iPad. Apple is very detrmine to dominate this market. The are already the biggest PC maker. They will hold the price down while continueing to change the competition faster than they can keep up.

My opinion is that these may happen and if so, another home run for Apple. I will wait to see on whether these things happen.

5. wrecklass

wrecklass
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Actually I'm in no hurry to be tempted to buy a new device. As far as I'm concerned it could be 2012, and I'd be content. Of course that would only give us a few months to use the device before the end of the world.

6. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Not a chance....Apple has consistantly refreshed their devices yearly...so the soonest you will see a new iPad is April and based on previous refreshes the only thing that will change will be more internal storage on this one. Maybe a cam on the next one.

I would wait till Q3 2011 when Lion comes out...no doubt there will be a MacPad introduced ;)

7. Bluesjam

Bluesjam
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I think its great to improve, but it sucks for me. No way can I buy another ipad.

8. Macgirl

Macgirl
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    sold my launch day one, bought a MBA for a great deal at Apple, and have 250.00 in Best buy rewards zone, bring it one, might even sell my MBA:)

9. G.P

G.P
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Just got my ipad last week, and I've already committed myself to not upgrading till Generation 3. Unless G2 makes me coffee and scrambled eggs :)

10. DaveSt

DaveSt
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:

:D:D