1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad 2 home share issue

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Natman, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Natman

Natman iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hello all.

I have a small problem that I am seeking assistance with.

I have a PC laptop that runs iTunes from a source library sitting on a HP Mediasmart server. this is not using home share but direct map to the source library.

I am trying to share the library to my iPad. Simple reason - I want to use the iPad to play music near my BBQ rather than move my laptop outside - simple portability decision!

What I have tried to do is use home sharing. I can see the library in the iPad 2 and select it. What I can't do is see any content. This tells me that the network is fine. Is there a possibility that the library is just taking its sweet time to download the header references to my iPad?

What else could I have done to make this easier?

I might try switching to the MSS as a share rather than through the laptop, but I think I'd like to at least solve this mystery!

Any suggestions gratefully received.
  2. Natman

Natman iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    OK....now that is weird. Turning it off and on again was enough to refresh the headers. Now I can see the songs and all plays.....

No more problem!