What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 home share issue

Natman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all.

I have a small problem that I am seeking assistance with.

I have a PC laptop that runs iTunes from a source library sitting on a HP Mediasmart server. this is not using home share but direct map to the source library.

I am trying to share the library to my iPad. Simple reason - I want to use the iPad to play music near my BBQ rather than move my laptop outside - simple portability decision!

What I have tried to do is use home sharing. I can see the library in the iPad 2 and select it. What I can't do is see any content. This tells me that the network is fine. Is there a possibility that the library is just taking its sweet time to download the header references to my iPad?

What else could I have done to make this easier?

I might try switching to the MSS as a share rather than through the laptop, but I think I'd like to at least solve this mystery!

Any suggestions gratefully received.

OP
N

Natman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK....now that is weird. Turning it off and on again was enough to refresh the headers. Now I can see the songs and all plays.....

No more problem!

Most reactions

Latest posts