What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 home button operates unlikely

tugce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi people i have just bought iPad 2 64 wifi 3g, and since the very moment i had, the home button does not work properly, lets say i had to push so hard that, i âm afraid to break it up . Any way . Somehow i managed to stay untill now. İ thought that this problem might be solved by installing iOS 5.01 , so i did so...but unfortunately still the same, sometimes it works as there is No problem at all, but mostly there is such problem
Pleaseeeeeeeeee help......|(

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That sounds like a faulty home button...I hardly touch mine and it works. Have you brought to the Apple Store so they could look at it-and replace it if is in warranty, etc. I don't think that updating the operating system would resolve your issue. It seems more like a hardware fault than anything. Good luck, let us know what happens. Maybe some of our other members have insight to your problem. :eek:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have had that issue also and found that a restart or reset made it more responsive. Give it a try but you may have a faulty home button if there is no change

Restart: Press and hold the power off button, the one at the top right. You will see a slide appear to power off, slide this and the screen will go dark and a Whirly will appear. When the Whirly disappears your iPad is now off. Press the power button again until the Apple logo appears, this will take a few seconds and your iPad will start again. You should restart your iPad occasionally also as it will keep it running smoothly. Now see if it is operating. If not a reset is the next step.

Reset: Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start. This is a reset.

When your iPad begins to behave strangely these are the first steps you should do to rectify it. Let us know how you go, good luck!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
T

tugce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you guys , i gave a try to reboot but still the same but for last 8 hours the button works properly. Anyway when i got home i Will go to dealer and let you know what happens . But thanks alot for such a quick reply.

Most reactions

Latest posts