What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 2 home button not respondind

garry.neilson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all
Can anyone help, my home button is not responding so I have to turn it of and on again to go back to my home screen
Many thanks Garry

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I came across this little tip while browsing the Interwebz. See if it'll help you:

Step 1: Open a stock app, like Weather or Stocks.

Step 2: Press and hold your power button until “slide to power off†appears and release.

Step 3: Press and hold your Home button until the “slide to power off†goes away, and the app force quits.

See if that does any good.

But, if you can't get your Home button to work, I'm afraid that's a hardware issue, which will necessitate a trip to an Apple Store for the Geniuses to look at it.

Sorry to be of not much help...

Marilyn

w1ngman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This doesn't fix a 'broken' Home button, but you could turn on Gestures within Settings, and then use 5-finger pinch on-screen to return Home...

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can't say I understand why but this worked for me! My home button has worked but it started to take several hard pushes to respond. I tried your fix and it now takes one light push. Thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts