What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2...Help??

Becky82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my Ipad 2 on Sunday but just opened it today and my friend told me about this cool website that you can see that production date etc by the serial#. The website is powerbookmedic.com the weird thing is it's saying this about my Ipad 2. Production Year: 2011
Production Week: 28 (July)
Production Number: 30893
So does that mean it was made in July that seems weird since it's now November and it even came with Ios 5. Just worried and thinking about returning it for a new Ipad 2 since I bought it less than a week ago. Let me know what you think. Help!! Thanks.

Last edited:

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Becky82 said:
I bought my Ipad 2 on Sunday but just opened it today and my friend told me about this cool website that you can see that production date etc by the serial#. The website is powerbookmedic.com the weird thing is it's saying this about my Ipad 2. Production Year: 2011
Production Week: 28 (July)
Production Number: 30893
So does that mean it was made in July that seems weird since it's now November and it even came with Ios 5. Just worried and thinking about returning it for a new Ipad 2 since I bought it less than a week ago. Let me know what you think. Help!! Thanks.

If there is nothing wrong with it, why return it? Had mine since March. In fact, my iPad was made on March 2.

Last edited:
OP
B

Becky82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was just concerned with the date I would think it would of been produced in October or November not July.

ScorpionBlues

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Becky82 said:
I was just concerned with the date I would think it would of been produced in October or November not July.

Ya, that site could be wrong. or sometimes may be just manufacture the product and hold it for a while at factory :p

OP
B

Becky82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I hope the website is wrong. Best buy ordered it for me and it just arrived on Sunday and I picked it up the same day so not even a week old. It has Ios 5 too.

Most reactions