What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 Help

x96mnn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did a search and could not find any items to help and sorry if this has been covered before.

My neighbours son purchased an Ipad 2 for Christmas in 2011 after saving his money and combining what his parents could afford for Christmas He loves his Ipad and I do not recall seeing him with out it. Over the weekend he asked me for some help with it as he wanted to do the update and it tells him his Ipad does not have enough space with only 958MB left and the updated needs 2.5 gigs. He is a smart kid and had already deleted most of the apps and I see ony maybe 3 gigs of data on his Ipad between apps and music. I do not have a Ipad but a Iphone 4S user and have a lot more in apps and songs on mine with 5 Gigs left. I cannot find where all this storage is being used and up front not great with Mac and hoped someone here could give me some hints. They have a Mac PC and I do not beleive he has synced his Ipad yet with the PC.

If anyone can tell me where to look to free up some space, I can see he still has 5gigs of cloud space available.

PS the Ipad and the Iphone I use are both 16gig.

Last edited:

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would like to welcome you, our newest member, to this gorgeous online community where iPad users alike come from all walks of life to converse and share their knowledge of the revolutionary piece of technology brought into existence by Apple known as the iPad. I invite and encourage you to look around and make some new posts, we could certainly use that! Make yourself at home!
We only ask that you kindly read over the forum rules and follow them during your membership at the forum. http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html
Also, for anyone using the iPF app for iPad (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8) and having issues with the Send button, read this thread: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-4-forum/99986-ipf-app-send-button-greyed-out.html#post780659

It is with great pleasure and enthusiasm that we welcome our newest member to the forum.

Regards.

From the account of Goofy8275, user of iPadForums

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
...........Over the weekend he asked me for some help with it as he wanted to do the update and it tells him his Ipad does not have enough space with only 958MB left and the updated needs 2.5 gigs. He is a smart kid and had already deleted most of the apps and I see ony maybe 3 gigs of data on his Ipad between apps and music.......]/QUOTE]

Hi X96mnn - welcome to the forum! :)

I would first suggest going into 'Settings' -> 'General' - then check 'About' & 'Usage' - now, I'm assuming that you've already been there; but under 'Usage' check on 'Storage' to see 'what' is taking up the space? From your description, if I understand correctly, you are stating that he has only 3 GB of storage used on a 16 GB iPad - correct? So, are there hidden files, etc. that are also taking up storage? The usage log may help - not sure?

Now, could the iPad be mis-reporting calculating the storage? Not sure, but you may want to 'Restart' and if not effective 'Reset' the iPad - Directions HERE, if not familiar w/ the procedures. Please post back here - good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts