What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 help wifi help 4.3.3 pleaseee

diplomat1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello.
First off thank you for helping me in advance. I just got a Ipad 2 (32gb wifi only) and its not connecting to my router. I have another ipad but its the first one and it works fine. The ipad 2 i just got does not connect to my wifi router. The ipad 2 has the 4.3.3 os on it. When i first tryed to connect the ipad 2 to the router, i put the password in it would say i was in but then a second later it would just say not connected no matter how many times i hit the wifi router name. Then i went online to try and fix it and did everything i saw. Things like a hard reset,turn wifi on/off, forget network,rener lease,reset router, take plug in and out of router,etc but nothin works. Now the ipad holds the wifi sometimes and has the wifi bars in the top left but when i go to safari or youtube it says it cant cnnect. Also when i go to th wifi name and press the blue arrow, only the ip address and subnet mask has numbers next to them. Could that be an issue? Please help me i know this is a problem with the 4.3.3 os but can someone help me because it seems like i have tryed everything that worked for everyone else but me. Thanks again.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You might want to try Settings/General/Reset/Erase All Content and Settings before taking it in.

OP
D

diplomat1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
why do u say that? Also i am on a verizon fios router if that makes any difference

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, quite right... it is very likely a router issue. I was assuming that the iPad was not connecting at all (anywhere) and suggested the reset as a last ditch measure.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
But the reset you suggested would take it back to defaults, and erase pretty much everything. Normally you would only do that if you were selling or returning the iPad.

Just below it is the Reset Network Settings. Perhaps that is what you meant to suggest?

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
But the reset you suggested would take it back to defaults, and erase pretty much everything. Normally you would only do that if you were selling or returning the iPad.

Just below it is the Reset Network Settings. Perhaps that is what you meant to suggest?

Perhaps I should have recommended that first; but, I understood that he had received it recently and, under the circumstances, resetting it to the defaults might have been an approach.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Could be. Guess we'll have to wait until OP comes back and lets us know how things are going.

Hopefully a solutions has been found. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts