1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

IPad 2 GPS Navigation Applications for Use in Italy, Ireland

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by patenlaw, Feb 28, 2013.

1. patenlaw

patenlaw iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi and apologies for the dumb question. I am looking for advice on what are the best navigation applications to use on an IPad 2 for use while driving and walking around in Italy and Ireland? Have an IPad 2 with an ATT Sim card. Will be using a pre-paid SIM card when and while in Europe. Must be "user-friendly." Thanks in advance.
  2. KevinJS

KevinJS Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +851 / 0
    I'll recommend MotionX GPS HD.

I use it on a daily basis for finding my way around the western Canadian oil fields.

I'm familiar with both countries in which you want to travel, so I've had a look around, and think it will be useful. It does not have turn-by-turn navigation. For that, you will need another app, and I'm not familiar with any. Perhaps other members can jump in here?

Here are a few screenshots. There are multiple mapping options available, and the feature list is too long to go into fully. I've written a short review of this app in the thread "On the road and off it too"

image-3382839116.jpg

image-3753124770.jpg

image-2493418637.jpg

image-2715872835.jpg

image-3399374106.jpg

image-3832349659.jpg

Sent from my stock iPad 2
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013