What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 2 GPS Navigation Applications for Use in Italy, Ireland

patenlaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi and apologies for the dumb question. I am looking for advice on what are the best navigation applications to use on an IPad 2 for use while driving and walking around in Italy and Ireland? Have an IPad 2 with an ATT Sim card. Will be using a pre-paid SIM card when and while in Europe. Must be "user-friendly." Thanks in advance.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll recommend MotionX GPS HD.

I use it on a daily basis for finding my way around the western Canadian oil fields.

I'm familiar with both countries in which you want to travel, so I've had a look around, and think it will be useful. It does not have turn-by-turn navigation. For that, you will need another app, and I'm not familiar with any. Perhaps other members can jump in here?

Here are a few screenshots. There are multiple mapping options available, and the feature list is too long to go into fully. I've written a short review of this app in the thread "On the road and off it too"

image-3382839116.jpg

image-3753124770.jpg

image-2493418637.jpg

image-2715872835.jpg

image-3399374106.jpg

image-3832349659.jpg

Sent from my stock iPad 2

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts