What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 got wet. Still works! but Whats broke?

dixoncider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well my Ipad2 got wet, a water bottle leaked in the same bag that the Ipad2 was in.. It boots up fine and everything seems to work but the screen is screwed up. Now my question is what part to I need.? Just the LCD? Thanks for the help...
ipad.jpg

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there--sorry for that happening.

I would recommend that you make an appointment with an Apple genius. They can give you an estimate for the repair or the cost for a replacement.

Good luck.

OP
D

dixoncider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks...I was planning on fixing myself..Will they look at if for free? New to working on an iPad but have made many other computer and laptop repairs... Think its just the LCD?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Water may have gotten in between the screen and the digitizer.Repair would require,at the least,a complete strip down to remove all traces of moisture from the interior of the iPad.I think it best if you take it to apple for a repair quote.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
ifixit.com gives the iPad 2 a score of 2 out of 10 for user repair (10 being most easily repaired); so think about it carefully. If you decide to go ahead they are also a good resource for guides and parts.

I'm sure there are others. I only know about them because I look forward to their iOS device teardowns each year; shortly after each is released.

OP
D

dixoncider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Water may have gotten in between the screen and the digitizer.Repair would require,at the least,a complete strip down to remove all traces of moisture from the interior of the iPad.I think it best if you take it to apple for a repair quote.
Thanks for the replys...I figure that its days are number no matter what's done. But if I can put a screen in for $89 like I see online than its worth it. For $250 repairs forget it just get a new one..
It looks a little tricky to take apart but totally doable..

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
dixoncider said:
Thanks for the replys...I figure that its days are number no matter what's done. But if I can put a screen in for $89 like I see online than its worth it. For $250 repairs forget it just get a new one..
It looks a little tricky to take apart but totally doable..

I fixit has repair videos that show how to disassemble and reassemble iPads.Check them out before attempting any repairs.

OP
D

dixoncider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I fixit has repair videos that show how to disassemble and reassemble iPads.Check them out before attempting any repairs.
will do..tons of how to's all over the place. just want to figure out what parts I need first..I guess I will just have to take it apart and see..

iPF Noob
Reaction score
did you get this fixed? what part did you need, a digitizer kit????

Most reactions

Latest posts