1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad 2 got really hot!

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Elliern, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Elliern

Elliern iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I posted in a thread in the accessories section about taking my new iPad 2 outside to see how effective my new Moshi Anti glare screen protector was. (It was great!)
    However, within about 3 minutes or so, my iPad became really hot. I mean to the point that I was getting really concerned about it. I immediately took it back indoors and it cooled down quickly.

Should it have gotten that hot, that quickly? I checked our outdoor thermometer and it registered in the upper 80's (88-89). I was hoping I would be able to take my iPad to the beach or by the pool to read and relax. Now I am wondering if I can do that. I have a friend who sits outside with her original iPad quite often with no problem .

Is there something wrong with my iPad or is the iPad 2 just not designed to be taken outside in the summer. I read that it was not a good idea to take it out if the temperature was 95 or greater, but thought 88 would be fine.

What do you all think? Do I have anything to be concerned about?
  2. ColemanLee09

ColemanLee09 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Probably cause the weather is hot. You should be okay. Nothing to worry about.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF.
  3. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    Also, the iPad has an internal temperature sensor and it will automatically switch off if it becomes too hot to operate safely. Having said that, though, it's always wise to not leave it unattended in direct sun light when it's really hot - a problem I don't have in Scotland....

Tim