What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 going back

roadwarrior69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love this ipad2!!

However I test drove a few android tablets back in June and liked them. But wanted to wait for the better screen and updated hardware. So I waited ...6 months, finally I think early qtr 1 new tablets will hit the market.

Well so happens my wife got me the ipad2 for Xmas. I'm no fanboy by any stretch .... Actually a pc for over 20 years!! But must say this ipad2 is fast , responsive and I just down right love it! .....oh battery life rocks on this puppy too!

At first comparing to android, I was frustrated w lack of gizmos like widgets, pull down menus, menu keys, back keys.... Overall ui is different and not mulitask friendly.

After playing w iPad for three days I'm hooked. I'd prefer this over android... One reason is performance, hands down aapl has it right.

But it's going back to the store, I think the ipad3 is going to be killer, apple needs to put out a superior innovated device, or they will get killed, the pressure is on, and I think they will deliver.... I've got money on it actually, my biggest stock position!

So, I think that I'm about a month or two away, just need to be little more patient . I thanked the wife for the great gift, and I'm taking the credit for which il use in two months for ipad3

Il be back forum dudes....

evohicks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
roadwarrior69 said:
Love this ipad2!!

However I test drove a few android tablets back in June and liked them. But wanted to wait for the better screen and updated hardware. So I waited ...6 months, finally I think early qtr 1 new tablets will hit the market.

Well so happens my wife got me the ipad2 for Xmas. I'm no fanboy by any stretch .... Actually a pc for over 20 years!! But must say this ipad2 is fast , responsive and I just down right love it! .....oh battery life rocks on this puppy too!

At first comparing to android, I was frustrated w lack of gizmos like widgets, pull down menus, menu keys, back keys.... Overall ui is different and not mulitask friendly.

After playing w iPad for three days I'm hooked. I'd prefer this over android... One reason is performance, hands down aapl has it right.

But it's going back to the store, I think the ipad3 is going to be killer, apple needs to put out a superior innovated device, or they will get killed, the pressure is on, and I think they will deliver.... I've got money on it actually, my biggest stock position!

So, I think that I'm about a month or two away, just need to be little more patient . I thanked the wife for the great gift, and I'm taking the credit for which il use in two months for ipad3

Il be back forum dudes....

What happens when the iPad 4 comes out?
I've heard that the iPad 4 will be better than the iPad 3 also.
It's always going to be better to wait but if you do that then you will never get one lol.
My wife also got me the iPad 2 for Xmas, if I said to her I want to wait for the next model, I know what answer I would have got, with plenty of swear words included.
I really like the iPad 2 and I must admit I was no apple fan, but they did a good job, it must be said.

OP
R

roadwarrior69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No doubt it's a great product, I love my ipad2 as well. We are just so close to iPad 3. Word on the street is by end of jan there will be two announced. One w a 5 megapixel and a high end w 8 megapixel .

iPad 4 and 5 will be better then earlier models for sure, but the few things I want in a tablet should be addressed in 30-60 days .

My wish list is the retina display, two speakers, better cameras.... Stretch wish list is a USB or expansion for sd card.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Given Apple's production history and its timing, we're close to a new iPad.

There's a clear difference between waiting for a finite period vs. waiting indefinitely. Each person's ability to delay gratification differs, of course. (Meaning for fun gadgets, not say an organ transplant, lol.) For me, waiting a few months for a better device would be reasonable and doable.

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Absolutely, I'm getting one for my daughter for her birthday in January, but I'll just give her my empty box with the cash inside and let her decide which one she wants. But I will tell her to wait, only a couple of months. I waited for mine to get the ipad2 and am glad I did. She's going to be over the moon!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Temp31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would probably wait for the iPad 3. The iPad 1 & 2 are great, but I haven't been blown away enough to shell out the $499 just yet. My laptop is still working fine after 2+ years!
I will definitely consider buying the iPad 3 though.

OP
R

roadwarrior69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad3 will be an evolution not revolution, but with all the new technical capabilities in smart phones, iPhone and android included, it makes sense for tablets to keep up with the times. Actually outside of better screens the tablet market should be on pace or even exceed technology in smart phones tech capabilities.

I think 2012 will the year of the tablet and death of the laptop.... Well maybe not, but sales with netbooks will decline.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
roadwarrior69 said:
Ipad3 will be an evolution not revolution, but with all the new technical capabilities in smart phones, iPhone and android included, it makes sense for tablets to keep up with the times. Actually outside of better screens the tablet market should be on pace or even exceed technology in smart phones tech capabilities.

I think 2012 will the year of the tablet and death of the laptop.... Well maybe not, but sales with netbooks will decline.

I dunno of the iPad needs to "keep up with the times" as far as phones go. The iPad IMO was never designed to compete with phones. It's a different device class with different objectives. I know that phones are seen the days as do it all devices but they actually aren't that great for everything under the sun. To me, phones are great for calling people and texting people. After that, I'd rather play a game or surf the web with something that has a screen bigger then three lousy inches or whatever. Smaller isn't always better. I'd rather see the iPad stay true to what it does and not get too caught up in megapixels for cameras or other stuff like that.

As for 2012 being the end of the laptop, that's a little premature IMO. As much as I love my iPad, there are some tasks that simply are better left to them clunky old laptops. And, there are some epically awesome games that I still play on the laptop too.

Maybe in a few more years we'll see the tablets take over. Not just yet though.

sandie115

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPAD 3 will come out next summer, long time without an IPAD so will keep but now wrote a question about getting GPS for my IPAD Wifi 32 without 3G. Asked if there is a GPS aftermarket I can use with my IPAD2.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sandie115 said:
IPAD 3 will come out next summer, long time without an IPAD so will keep but now wrote a question about getting GPS for my IPAD Wifi 32 without 3G. Asked if there is a GPS aftermarket I can use with my IPAD2.

Check out Bad Elf, there are others.

The Archangel

OP
R

roadwarrior69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm keeping it. I'm thinking ipad3 will be announced in spring and available in summer....too long to wait.

Plus I do enjoy this thing

Preacherman23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am keeping the one I got for Christmas and loving it. I like it so much that I am thinking of trading my Android phone for an iPhone.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

madeSICC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sure glad i don't have this dilemma, my ipad2 was free and so is my data plan. If i wasvto spend this kind of money for a tab it would be the transformer prime.
Ipad is a cool device though, just not exactly the choice i would make with my own money

Most reactions

Latest posts