iPad 2 gift

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by iZach, Nov 20, 2012.

1. iZach

iZach iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm nineteen years old and a sophomore in college, still at home. So the money I make that isn't going toward my tuition is basically "fun money". So back in September I bought a third generation iPad and completely love it for doing online work here at school, playing at home, and for a lot of the drawing apps. That being said, I use the thing every day and am rarely caught anywhere without it. I've lately noticed my parents want one but they're very frugal and would never spend the money on one for themselves. So I came up with the idea of getting them one for their anniversary in August.

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF
  2. iZach

iZach iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My problem is that I'm a student and making minimum wage so it takes a while for me to get that kind of money. Seeing as how they don't really care about tech like I do, I thought maybe an iPad 2 would suffice. But I don't want to short change them. I know I don't want to get them the 1 because it already can't update but I'm afraid of how much longer the 2 has. Will it be a waste to get them the 2?

3. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +443 / 0
    I'd try to get them at least an iPad 3. I say that because iPad 3 has 1 GB RAM, and is more likely to meet their needs longer. Newer firmware, apps and websites will increasingly take advantage of the newer iPads' hardware.
  4. AdmiralAdama

AdmiralAdama Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
    Ratings:
    +603 / 0
    If you're waiting until August - gift them your 3 and save up for a 4 for yourself.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF
  5. iZach

iZach iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the quick replies guys. If I do end up giving them a 3, they'll probably end up with this one and that could be my excuse for getting the 4. Good idea :)