What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPAD 2 (Garageband) Won't Recognize Apogee JAM

StevieB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My brand new Apogee Jam will not work with Garageband app on my iPAD 2 (light stays Blue). I updated the Jam firmware via my iMAC (10.6.8 - Snow Leopard) but that did not fix the problem. Apogee Jam works fine with Garageband on my iMAC. Any ideas?

bd105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you on iOS 4? Apple acknowledged an issue with iOS 4 and the most current version of GarageBand in which upgrading to iOS 5 resolved.

If you are on iOS 5, restart the iPad and connect your headphones before connecting JAM. If you still have problems, you should get in touch with Apogee support. I have a few products of theirs and they've always been awesome with helping me.

Hope this helps!

OP
StevieB

StevieB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you on iOS 4? Apple acknowledged an issue with iOS 4 and the most current version of GarageBand in which upgrading to iOS 5 resolved.

If you are on iOS 5, restart the iPad and connect your headphones before connecting JAM. If you still have problems, you should get in touch with Apogee support. I have a few products of theirs and they've always been awesome with helping me.

Hope this helps!

Problem solved. Pilot error - previously I did not do a complete power-down of the iPAD 2 after updating the firmware. After powering-down completely, everything is A-OK! Life is Good!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts