What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 freeze up (drop box + 'reset' related?)

Korligan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

My iPad is frozen in black-screen-with-spinning-"loading"-icon mode. (There's probably a name for this screen/mode).

I recently got an iPad 2 3G, 32 gig version. I've had it for about a week and have installed some 20 apps. I have been very happy with it.

Last night I tried to attach a PDF from my dropbox app to an e-mail, after opening it in documents 2 go. This caused my e-mail to freeze up in what seemd like "analysis paralysis", i.e. it initiated the e-mail app, but didn't load any content and all controls were fully frozen. The only option was to hit the home button and return to desktop.

Since the problem persisted I decided to do a reset, intiated from options. This started out normally, but then froze on the black load screen. The iPad is unresponsive to any input and if I plug it into my laptop/iTunes connection fails, with this message: "iTunes could not connect to this iPhone because an unknown error occured (0xE8000065)."

Has anyone here had a similar problem? Anyone know a fix for it?

Best,

Korligan

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Turn the iPad off if possible.

Press and hold the Power and Home buttons together until the White Apple logo appears. Have faith - it will appear, but might take 20 seconds or so.

The iPad will reboot and all will OK, hopefully.

Tim

Most reactions