What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 for school

Gab3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys. Ipad noob here. Trying to do 3 things with my ipad in relation to gradschool work:

1. Upload word, excel, ppt files to a blackboard-esque site. Have concluded that i need to jailbreak my ipad (somehow) and then get iFile app and Safari Upload Enabler app. Anything else i need?
2. View podcasts that can be downloaded from my school site. Files are of .jar extention which apparently is a Java Archive file. Any ideas on how this can work on ipads? I assume i need to jailbreak my ipad to be able to download and find the file, but then how do i open it? With what app? Can safari open it?
3. View Java Web Start File that are downloaded from my school site. Files are of .jnlp extention which apparently is a Java Network Launching Protocol file formatted in XML (whatever that means). Again, i assume i need to jailbreak to be able to download the file, but how do i open it? With what app? Can safari open it?

Will do jailbreaking activities this weekend and will consult the forum topics on jailbreaking process before i do. Thanks in advance for any help!

OP
Gab3

Gab3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah i got one but its so cumbersome. I have this cool, compact, light ipad that SHOULD b able to do all of the above (right?), but im unsure how...

dynax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope. Steve Job doesn't think java is worth supporting on the iDevices.

xIkx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are not on iOs 4.3.3 you won't do much jailbreaking untill the new jailbreak is released. Although it should be soon, there is no telling in excactly when.

OP
Gab3

Gab3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought jailbreak for 5.0.1 was out. Hmm...well i guess im waiting then...thanks for the heads up.

Most reactions

Latest posts