What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 2 for Christmas!

Susan Hays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!

I have been using iPhone 4 for a couple of years, so most stuff has been pretty familiar....but cannot get imessage up and running! I know others with exact iPad 2 (wi-fi)... Who get iMessages on both their iPhone AND their iPad. Although both devices are registered with same Apple ID....my phone number does not show up I'm imessage set-up! I initially had same problem with FaceTime....but resolved it thru turning off FaceTime and back on...on both devices!
If anyone can tell me how to get imessage on iPad to pick up my phone number so I can get my iMessages on boyhood...I would be forever grateful!

Susan

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Susan...on your phone-try this first:
-go to settings>iMessages> send & receive. Include your email address that you receive and send iMessages assigned to your iPad.

Also, from what I have read...make sure that the mms messaging is turned "ON" in iMessage setting.

Try that.

OP
S

Susan Hays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Hi Susan...on your phone-try this first:
-go to settings>iMessages> send & receive. Include your email address that you receive and send iMessages assigned to your iPad.

Also, from what I have read...make sure that the mms messaging is turned "ON" in iMessage setting.

Try that.

Thank you....but I have done all that you suggest....the Apple ID is the same AND the email address is the same....AND MMS is ON!

Apple support via phone was NO help.....quite rude and condescending. Told me since I only have wi-fi version and NOT 3G that I will never be able to use iMessage or FaceTime!
I have a friend who has exact same iPad....& hers works seamlessly with both!

Thanks so much for trying to help!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you....but I have done all that you suggest....the Apple ID is the same AND the email address is the same....AND MMS is ON!

Apple support via phone was NO help.....quite rude and condescending. Told me since I only have wi-fi version and NOT 3G that I will never be able to use iMessage or FaceTime!
I have a friend who has exact same iPad....& hers works seamlessly with both!

Thanks so much for trying to help!

Have you tried to reset your iPhone by pressing the power switch and the home button together?

Also, what I have read too, that may work is this:
Go to Settings > Messages>Turn off iMessage.
Go to General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
Once the iPhone is open.
Go to Settings > Messages>Turn ON iMessage.

OP
S

Susan Hays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Have you tried to reset your iPhone by pressing the power switch and the home button together?

Also, what I have read too, that may work is this:
Go to Settings > Messages>Turn off iMessage.
Go to General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
Once the iPhone is open.
Go to Settings > Messages>Turn ON iMessage.

YAY! That worked! I've been trying to get that working for three days!

Thank you SO much!

OP
S

Susan Hays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Woohoo! Glad it worked...but which part of it, just out of curiosity, Susan? ;)

Resetting the network on my phone!

You ROCK skimonkey! Thank you!

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You will find that iMessages that go to the email go to both, those going to your phone number won't go to your iPad.
The cool thing is you can FaceTime from the iPad to phone by going to the phone # (but can't go the other way)

OP
S

Susan Hays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zstairlessone said:
You will find that iMessages that go to the email go to both, those going to your phone number won't go to your iPad.
The cool thing is you can FaceTime from the iPad to phone by going to the phone # (but can't go the other way)

Thank you!

Most reactions

Latest posts