What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 failed to update from 4.3.1 to 4.3.3

tactK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, I've been trying to update my iPad software from 4.3.1 to 4.3.3 all week but it timed out on me whenever it finishes downloading! The download speed has been extremely slow as well.

Here's a screenshot of my problem:
FailedDownload.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm getting tired of restarting the update over and over again as I have moderate-to-slow internet connection.
FailedDownload.png

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try downloading the firmware from our links in the sticky in the hacking section. Once downloaded hold down the option key on your mac when you click update in iTunes and it will allow you to select the file you just downloaded. This often works better than allowing iTunes to download and install. It's less prone to timeout.

OP
T

tactK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try downloading the firmware from our links in the sticky in the hacking section. Once downloaded hold down the option key on your mac when you click update in iTunes and it will allow you to select the file you just downloaded. This often works better than allowing iTunes to download and install. It's less prone to timeout.

Thanks, I was thinking of doing that. Will it harm my iPad in any way though? It's only a week old and not jailbroken.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No. What I described is nothing to do with jail breaking. It's a perfectly normal and acceptable alternative process to update. The download links we provide are only directly from Apple servers. You can't break your iPad doing this!

OP
T

tactK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downloaded and successfully updated my iPad! I'm surprised how quickly it downloaded from your server! Thank you very much! I would probably check out the sticky again when there are new updates in the future.

DjTyrone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I had the same problem, update timed out towards the end. Disabled my Kaspersky Internet security and bingo... Worked first time!

Most reactions

Latest posts