What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 email

mhillman71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my iPad 2 I set up yahoo email. It won't let me add anymore emails. It's a grey color??? Help!!!

Mark R Hillman Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my iPad 2 I set up yahoo email. It won't let me add anymore emails. It's a grey color??? Help!!!

Welcome. Could I clarify a couple of things?

Are you saying that it won't allow you add any additional email *accounts* or that it now won't allow you to add any further email *messages*?

Tim
Scotland

OP
mhillman71

mhillman71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. It won't let me add any other accounts.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - you've probably tried this, so don't get mad with me, but it's worth asking...have you tried powering the iPad completely down and then switching on again - i.e. by holding the Power switch down for a couple of seconds until the slider control appears, accepting the offer to power down, waiting until the screen goes completely blank and then powering up again?

It 'fixes' so many 'problems' that it's always worth doing this before we get into more serious stuff!!

Tim
Scotland

OP
mhillman71

mhillman71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No not mad at all. I did reboot the pad. I even tried to reset it and it asks for a password and it won't take the password it was given. Thing it might be locked for some reason!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a look

'Settings', 'General', 'Restrictions', 'Accounts' and see whether you've got the iPad set up not to allow additional email accounts to be added

Tim
Scotland

OP
mhillman71

mhillman71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Restrictions asks for a password. It won't accept the password that I use to un lock the iPad.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - that's the problem then. The passcode restriction is different from the screen lock passcode.

Somebody must have set the restrictions passcode - this allows you to set a whole load of restrictions on the iPad - and one of them is preventing the user from adding more email accounts.

There is absolutely no way around the restrictions passcode - I'm assuming you've not set this at some time in the past. Has anyone else been able to use your iPad? This is both the strength and weekness of the iPad - there are no passcode 'cracking' apps - when you set the passcode you *absolutely* have to be able to remember it. The only solution, if you can't remember it or don't have it for some reason, is a complete factory restore - taking the iPad back to an 'out of the box' condition.

Tim
Scotland

OP
mhillman71

mhillman71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I only use the iPad and I know I didn't set that up with a password. Not sure how that happened. Do you think someone at the apple store can help with this?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's possible, but I doubt it. To be honest, the passcode locks on the iPad were established as a security measure - in order to lock down a stolen iPad. Maybe there is some back door route that only Apple know, but for sure you'd have to take them the invoice or other proof of ownership otherwise they'd have no way of knowing that it's really your iPad. Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not suggesting anything here, but the guy in the store won't be able to do anything unless he can be 100% sure it really is your iPad.

I've certainly not heard of any way of bypassing the passcode - if there were, it would soon 'leak out' and then the whole point of it would be lost. Maybe some other member will have a suggestion, but I've not heard of any myself while I've been a member of iPad Forum - which, admittedly, is not for that long!

Sorry I can't be more helpful - perhaps wait at least 24 hours to see if anyone else has a great idea.

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Probably useless suggestions:

If you have some semi-standard 4 digit passcodes you use, you might start working your way through them.

If you have a friend or relative around who thinks they are the King of April fools day, you may want to shake them down.

Good luck.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That would be the ultimate cruel April Fool's joke - 'shaking down' would be the least I'd do to such a person!!

Tim
Scotland

OP
mhillman71

mhillman71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got it taken care of. I set the iPad up to iTunes. Instead of synching I reset the iPad. Than I started over again and now it works fine.

Most reactions

Latest posts