What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 edge coming apart!!

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a white iPad and there's a very tiny black line in the same spot. I never would have noticed it were it not for this thread. Using a magnifying glass and looking at it from all angles, I can see absolutely no separation on the edge.

Could be it's supposed to be there.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see it --

ipad89.jpg

It is still under warranty so if it really bugs you that much, get a replacement.

ClemsonRyan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My first iPad 2 had this problem in one area. I went to the apple store and they traded it out right away.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ClemsonRyan said:
My first iPad 2 had this problem in one area. I went to the apple store and they traded it out right away.

A new thread needs to be started with found issues with ipad2 so far. Its starting to build up quite a list of defects/issues on first wave of devices.

Jailbroken...need I say more ;-)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ClemsonRyan said:

A new thread needs to be started with found issues with ipad2 so far. Its starting to build up quite a list of defects/issues on first wave of devices.

Other than the light leak issues (which this seems to be related to and that Apple is already addressing), what other issues are there with the iPad2? (Besides not being able to find one!)

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Other than the light leak issues (which this seems to be related to and that Apple is already addressing), what other issues are there with the iPad2? (Besides not being able to find one!)

Yellow tinted screens. Some people have reported the home button being slightly out of place too.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1991-C4 said:

This is coming from threads here on the forum. Some peoples panels aren't glued properly or u can still see the glue leaked from underneath, the constant wifi issues people are posting. Whether not connecting, dropping wifi signal(when it shouldn't be), and ipad2 weak wifi reception when compared to ipad1(people with both ipad1 and ipad2, side by side comparing saying this), Facetime issues of app keeps failing requiring reboot constantly to get working right. I'm just gathering this from what I've read here as I do read a ton of threads all the time. Maybe wifi issues could be subjective to user use/error but a lot of folks having the same probs. Not trying to down the ipad2 or anything like that as I do want one myself. That's why I always keep a close eye, like ur avatar pic..lmao, on the ipad2 sections and anything ipad2 related. This is my research on getting one in progress.

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think it may be your service provider. I too have the 3G and (so far) it's ROCKET fast!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
donka said:
Yellow tinted screens. Some people have reported the home button being slightly out of place too.

That too I guess...lol

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Other than the backlight glue issue, which seems to be related to yellow tint, edge imperfections, etc, most could easily be caused by user-specific Internet providers, etc.

So many of the issues have been myths that it seems unproductive to call them inherent flaws. Things like:

"the smart cover is depositing screen damaging stripes on the display."

"The magnets will wipe out the iPad's hard drive" (my favorite :) )

"video playback is much worse than iPad 1!"

"the iPad will overheat with a back cover installed."

"the iPad 2's glass is thinner so it will break more easily."

Etc.

Separating fact from myth is important for new forum members trying to find accurate information on widespread flaws.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tarkio said:
Other than the backlight glue issue, which seems to be related to yellow tint, edge imperfections, etc, most could easily be caused by user-specific Internet providers, etc.

So many of the issues have been myths that it seems unproductive to call them inherent flaws. Things like:

"the smart cover is depositing screen damaging stripes on the display."

"The magnets will wipe out the iPad's hard drive" (my favorite :) )

"video playback is much worse than iPad 1!"

"the iPad will overheat with a back cover installed."

"the iPad 2's glass is thinner so it will break more easily."

Etc.

Separating fact from myth is important for new forum members trying to find accurate information on widespread flaws.

Exactly why I said a separate thread should be started to it can be centralized and people would what know what the real flaws are vs. Myths or user specific speculating. Those speculating threads are all over the place here. Every time I come into ipad2 section, it seems as if someone posting something wrong with it or having issues. That will easily throw off and overwhelm new members. It was just an idea, as I don't have an ipad2 yet. So I'm researching like crazy on the matter by reading the threads here on various issues.

Sent From IPF app,on a Jailbroken Device...need I say more ;-)

madcapjim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although I find it useful reading about various problems people are having, its to be expected with the initial shipments of something new. There will always be a percentage of defective units, or cosmetic flaws, in something being mass produced.
If you have the patience to hold off for a couple of months it's probably better than rushing to buy on launch.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
madcapjim said:
Although I find it useful reading about various problems people are having, its to be expected with the initial shipments of something new. There will always be a percentage of defective units, or cosmetic flaws, in something being mass produced.
If you have the patience to hold off for a couple of months it's probably better than rushing to buy on launch.

I completely agree with you ;-)

Sent From IPF app,on a Jailbroken Device...need I say more ;-)

Most reactions

Latest posts