What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2, does it scratch easily?

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder if the ipad 2 screen will scratch easily. Can't wait for someone on youtube to test it out. I know the screen is a little thinner than Ipad 1.
I hope the screen is like the iphone. My 3gs is bullet proof and my keys are always rubbing up against it.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zagg is already producing their shield

for it. I've mine on order and it will probably beat my iPad2 to my door. Had one on my iPad since day 1 and it's just about bullet proof.

OP
C

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
for it. I've mine on order and it will probably beat my iPad2 to my door. Had one on my iPad since day 1 and it's just about bullet proof.

Yeah,but i dont want any shields, plastic, covers, or cases. Just all natural for me. ;). Those shields remind me of my grandmas couches. I say USE it and dont try to save it.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder if the ipad 2 screen will scratch easily. Can't wait for someone on youtube to test it out. I know the screen is a little thinner than Ipad 1. I hope the screen is like the iphone. My 3gs is bullet proof and my keys are always rubbing up against it.

It's glass. If you scratch a harder material against it, like metal, eventually it will abrade.

OP
C

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder if the ipad 2 screen will scratch easily. Can't wait for someone on youtube to test it out. I know the screen is a little thinner than Ipad 1. I hope the screen is like the iphone. My 3gs is bullet proof and my keys are always rubbing up against it.

It's glass. If you scratch a harder material against it, like metal, eventually it will abrade.

The iphone is also made of glass and the iphone is scratch resistant even against metal keys. I am just curious to see if it is made of the same glass as the iphone.

Last edited:

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just use a microfiber cloth for cleaning and you'll be fine. I cleaned my original iPad screen at least 5 times a day, every day for 11 months. I just sold it and the screen was in brand new condition. The new screen is the same glass and coating, no worries.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
i quite like the idea of a 'used' or 'weathered' feel to it. my Touch of 3 or 4 years ago is buggered on both sides, and looks kinda cool. still works perfectly of course. like my guitars - quite warn and very well used.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder if the ipad 2 screen will scratch easily. Can't wait for someone on youtube to test it out. I know the screen is a little thinner than Ipad 1.
I hope the screen is like the iphone. My 3gs is bullet proof and my keys are always rubbing up against it.

I don't know what type of glass they use but it is glass and glass does not scratch easily. Now 15 people are going to say I'm wrong, but they don't. That's why in the old days when vision glasses were made out of glass we never worried about what we cleaned them with. No scratches. The plastic ones now all scratch easily despite the "scratch proof" coating they put on them

richgalen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just use a microfiber cloth for cleaning and you'll be fine. I cleaned my original iPad screen at least 5 times a day, every day for 11 months. I just sold it and the screen was in brand new condition. The new screen is the same glass and coating, no worries.
I was just thinking that the screen seems to stay cleaner on the 2 than it did on the 1. I had it since Friday night and I haven't cleaned it yet. Anyone else seeing this?

chiffchaff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems that way to me too. Not nearly as smudged up after use as the first iPad would get. I have a smart cover on it - maybe it really does help?

Reaction score

I don't know what type of glass they use but it is glass and glass does not scratch easily. Now 15 people are going to say I'm wrong, but they don't. That's why in the old days when vision glasses were made out of glass we never worried about what we cleaned them with. No scratches. The plastic ones now all scratch easily despite the "scratch proof" coating they put on them

Back in the old days IF we got a scratch we used jewelers rouge and it would remove even gouges. Think 4k grit sandpaper but in a powder

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved.

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm cheesed. I have a scratch ALREADY.

Probably all the damn sand in my back yard tracked in from my dogs and kids.

It's not an issue, it doesn't cause problems with the screen or anything, but it kills me. I have had it less than 2 weeks. Grr.

Will I switch out my iPad? Maybe. But not anytime soon. I'd it gets worse, then I might. But still, know that there are things that will cause scratches of some sort.

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Chriztofor said:
Yeah,but i dont want any shields, plastic, covers, or cases. Just all natural for me. ;). Those shields remind me of my grandmas couches. I say USE it and dont try to save it.

I can dig it. It's not a museum piece after all.

Most reactions

Latest posts