What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2 disc suddenly full with "other"

mikevi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 32 gig was about 1/2 full--then I tried to rip a dvd with PlatinumToo, and updated a bunch of apps. Suddenly, my disc was filled to near max with "other".The rip somehow failed, but I wonder if the attempt added a lot of file space?
Either way, how can I identify "other" and potentially reclaim disc space?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 32 gig was about 1/2 full--then I tried to rip a dvd with PlatinumToo, and updated a bunch of apps. Suddenly, my disc was filled to near max with "other".The rip somehow failed, but I wonder if the attempt added a lot of file space?
Either way, how can I identify "other" and potentially reclaim disc space?

As you're probably aware, 'Other' is something that iOS cannot identify. If you Google this problem, you'll see it's a relatively frequent problem and most users seem to resort to a 'Restore' to fix the problem. I hope someone else has a better solution....

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The combination of backing up, syncing, and restarting seem to do it eventually. Some users have doen this repeatedly, and then the Other just goes (mostly) away. Or that's what my admititly less than perfect memory suggests.

In my case, a mild case of Otheritis was cured after a backup/sync and restart.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
The combination of backing up, syncing, and restarting seem to do it eventually. Some users have doen this repeatedly, and then the Other just goes (mostly) away. Or that's what my admititly less than perfect memory suggests.

In my case, a mild case of Otheritis was cured after a backup/sync and restart.

In my experience the massive "Other" reading is a short time phenomenon that occurs when synching or updating. I've seen it many times but it usually goes away after a few moments and never lingers.

OP
M

mikevi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks-restore worked

Thanks to you all--just did a full restore with no adverse consequences and plenty of disc space now.

Most reactions

Latest posts