What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 + digital camera

PeterJHarding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before:-
Going on safari, I want to transfer my digital camera photos to an iPad so I can email them, without using a PC / laptop - is this possible?
Thanks

iDuffer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, search for "Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit" this allows you to copy .jpg files from SD(HC) cards.[h=1][/h]

kdin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Peter
You may want to look into SD-WIFi Card. I have a Nikon D90 and in direct mode as soon as I take the shoot it transfers it to my IPAD 2. You can also set it to upload to your PC as soon as the IPAD is in range of your wireless router. So it will go from camera to IPAD to PC. Also if you have ICLOUD setup it will go all the devices you have attached to your Apple Account.

OP
P

PeterJHarding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. It would seem from reading reviews that the USB part is not very good due to the current limitations from the USB part of the adaptor.
Do you know if the SD card interface on the 3G version can read camera jpeg files?

OP
P

PeterJHarding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Is this effectively a WiFi connection for the Nikon or for the SD card only?.
Peter

roza6109

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, is it possible when using wired camera kit after taking a camera shot, the pic will instantly be viewed on ipad? Currently you need to do importing.

Most reactions