What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2 delayed by japan tsunami

ipadkicker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Didn't get a chance to order online, now it shows 3 weeks shipping. Prob wont be able to camp out at stores either to pick one up...will there be a huge delay since the earthquake in japan resulting in chip manufactures shutting down?

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm..interesting take on the shortage. I thought it all was made in china. Let's hope it doesn't or there is gonna be the largest backlog of iPads in history...lmao

netsecpro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everything I have ever ordered from Apple has come from China, so i don't think the Japan earthquake/tsunami should have too much, if any of an impact.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They are made in China

and the things I have purchased from the store all show shipping trails not at all involving Japan.

nasomi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hundreds of people, if not thousands, in the worlds most technologically advanced country, die, shutting down the most advanced city, Tokyo, shutting down 11 nuclear power plants with possible radiation leaks, and countless oil refineries exploding costing trillions in damage, and wiping out a large portion of japan's limited farm lands.

Ok, just so long as my ipad2 ship date isn't affected? Seriously?

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hundreds of people, if not thousands, in the worlds most technologically advanced country, die, shutting down the most advanced city, Tokyo, shutting down 11 nuclear power plants with possible radiation leaks, and countless oil refineries exploding costing trillions in damage, and wiping out a large portion of japan's limited farm lands.

I feel ya. There is a tragedy going on there now as I type. I have a friend in the service that lives in Japan near Tokyp n I pray he is ok. I saw some clips of the madness. I can't imagine the horror people over there are feeling. They are living in a living nightmare right now. Let's just hope the country and people of Japan can overcome this.

jeni18

iPF Noob
Reaction score

So what are you doing on this site then? Just looking for a comfy spot to sit in judgment? Clearly you're not very busy out doing charity work or helping the needy.

Guess what - I just spent hundreds of dollars on something I've been waiting for for months and yes, I am wondering if this will delay its shipment. Doesn't mean I am not sickened by the tragedy and worried for those impacted.

People like you really irritate me, criticizing others from the safe anonymity of your computer.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The area most affected is the manufacturing center for about 15% of NAND flash and a lot of the RAM used for computers. Whether or not it affects the iPad 2 depends on who Apple has their contract with. Since Apple has a firm contract, I see no supply issues. However if the airport near Singapore that the iPads ship from got hit hard, it could delay shipments

Nugga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm.
As far as i know the Nand in the Ipad is made by Toshiba. And as far as i read i actually think some of the Nand is made in Japan.
The Tsunami could in theory affect the Ipad 2 production

Most reactions

Latest posts