What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 dead - advice?

thewhitefriar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been trying to help my Dad with his broken iPad2. He doesn't know what iOS version he had on the device prior to it playing up.

I've tried restoring the iPad via iTunes - everything seems to go ok, but the problem doesn't go away. I then tried using TinyUmbrella tool to fix recovery mode, and also to try and exit recover mode, neither seems to work.

The iPad will go into DFU mode ok, and recovery mode - using neither seems to make a difference.

I tried restoring an older iOS version, but get the 1601 error.

I have attached the log details from TinyUmbrella in the hope that someone can point me in the right direction.

Beginning to get to my wits end!

Cheers,

Gareth

Attachments

• tinyumbrella.txt
    7.8 KB · Views: 173

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Define "dead". What's going on with the device and what are the specific errors that iTunes or your device is spitting out. What's being displayed on your iPad's screen. According to the logs, it doesn't seem like the iPad 2 with 3G capabilities has had its SHSH blobs saved, so you won't be able to downgrade. Unfortunately, unless the device is in its normal state, we can't find out what the iOS on the device is or was.

Error 160X refers to a USB error. Unplug the iPad, uninstall the USB port drivers, reboot your computer and retry. If that doesn't work, you'll need access to another computer.

Most reactions

Latest posts