What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2 corrupted ... plz help

sajni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi respected members

i have an ipad 2...i dont know how to explain that , i mean when i change the name of ipad which is located in status bar...ipad does not change... for example i wirte "sajni" but in status bar it is written ipad.when i connect to itunes there is written "sajni"...2nd is that when i copy any game or app from itunes...itunes says that it is copied but ipad doesn't show that app...3rd is that when i want to restore it ... an error occured no.3196...plz help i am not an export...
it is jailbroken IOS 5.0.1

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is normal. The status bar does not show the iPad's name. It always says iPad, unless you're connected up to a cellular network, in which case it shows the carrier's name.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since you are jailbroken, you can easily change the display name in the status bar using SBSettings, Springtomize, or any number of other tweaks which do this...

In SBSettings go to More > Systems Settings > Custom Carrier (make it mine).

This will allow you to put in your own status bar name...

You could also use a tweak such as Zeppelin, which changes the title in the status bar to an icon of your choice...

Most reactions

Latest posts