What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 2 Charging Problem - Buzzing

Sadolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry for resurrecting a dead thread, but I have to write something.

I have the same problem as the thread creator. Brand new iPad 2, bought from a good dealer, all original parts.

In bed right now, with a homemade stand (folded DVD case) and charger plugged in. I have the stand on a book, which in turn is in my lap. Earphones (good quality) plugged in. Buzzing noise.
When I touch the back of the iPad, the buzzing stops. When I hold it in my hands, the buzzing stops. When I sit on the floor, book in lap, stand on book, iPad in stand, there is no buzzing. But when I get into bed, there is a noise, and if I stroke the back of the iPad, there is a feeling as if the thing is vibrating, or perhaps sending a low voltage current through my body.

So I'm thinking grounding problem. Either that, or it's just the standard Apple problem: good design (aesthetically speaking) but lacking in build quality. Why doesn't the keyboard have arrow keys btw? Damn it. Good night.

Most reactions

Latest posts