What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 charger

mym

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm sure this question has bee asked many times but just needed some clarification as a bit confused!

I bought an Ipad2 from the US which comes with the 2 pin plug charger. I am however based in Hk where we use 3 pin plugs, so does this mean I can just use the USB cable supplied with the ipad and plug it into my iphone charger?

Does it matter if I use the Ipad or iphone cable to charge the Ipad or are they both the same?!!

Thanks in advance!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm sure this question has bee asked many times but just needed some clarification as a bit confused!

I bought an Ipad2 from the US which comes with the 2 pin plug charger. I am however based in Hk where we use 3 pin plugs, so does this mean I can just use the USB cable supplied with the ipad and plug it into my iphone charger?

Does it matter if I use the Ipad or iphone cable to charge the Ipad or are they both the same?!!

Thanks in advance!

Yes and No...

Yes - There's no problem with using your iPhone charger - but it will charge real slow....

Sort of 'no' - The iPad charger is 2A and that's far more than the iPhone...so the iPad will display 'Not charging' because the charge rate is so low...

You can buy an inexpensive power adaptor at your local Apple Store - it's just the power outlet adaptor not the charger - the charger itself is universal..

Tim
Scotland

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mym said:
Thanks in advance!
Been to HK quite often, and what I do is just buy some multi-outlet surge protector that you plug into the 3 prong HK outlet, and accepts US-style plugs. I see a lot of these in the street markets for a couple bucks. The iPad charger will accept both 110 and 240V.

Most reactions

Latest posts