What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 CDMA stuck in recovery loop after digitizer replacement

vyoon31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

So about 4 months ago, I cracked the glass digitizer on my IPAD 2 CDMA. Thinking I was a pretty handy guy, I decided to order a digitizer and fix the glass myself. Boy, was I in over my head! After about 5 hours of work, I was unable to complete the project and I had to put it aside. After several months I had some extra time and I got back to it yesterday, finishing the job. Hooray!

I turn on the IPAD and everything looks good, but it says every once in a while "Restore your Iphone etc etc." on my Ipad. And then if I use it for a few minutes, the screen goes blank and the Ipad restarts. So I decide to plug it into my computer and update the software using my Itunes. However, during the middle of my update to ios7, the update failed. Now I am in an endless recovery loop, and it won't let me do anything else! Everytime it reaches the "Restoring Firmware" part, it stops and the error is "Ipad "Ipad" could not be restored due to an unknown error (1)"

I've tried everything I could find. Help... please... THank you!

Most reactions

Latest posts