What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 cases

nickp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just picked up a Trident Kraken for my iPad2. Love it so far. Doesn't add a lot of bulk but does have the two layer protection of a rubber wrap with a hard plastic front and back. Very comfortable to hold and type on. Very positive button and screen engagement. It is a simular design to the Otterbox units of old, with full scrren protection and extra thick rubber on edges and corners. Found mine in black on Amazon for $37. They come in various colors. So far, so good. I used a smart cover with Belkin Snap Shield for first week. I am just not impressed with the smart cover and the Belkin offered very little in drop protection.

nelly2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Techy said:
I think full cover is the best. There are many case options on internet both provides you the protection and doesn't ruin the look of the iPad too. I can'T dare to use it naked. :/ If you look for one I can give you the name and the company of mine.

Thank you, Techy. I eventually decided to buy a Grove case with the Lotie Smartcover in London tan and the bamboo back with the amber bezel.

The case made such a dramatic difference aesthetically I feel like I have a brand new iPad.

G

garlicipad

Just picked up a new leather case for muh iPad 2. Price $150 and very nice. Red with blind initial engraving. I decided on this case because I wanted high quality leather and a simple smart look. I was surprised to find out that the when the cover is folded it props the iPad up for a nice typing angle.

T. Anthony | LEATHER IPAD CASE

Last edited by a moderator:

joelrussell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a case for $20, made by cygnett, has multiple positions and auto locks. Seems to work for better than most of the ones I've seen on my friends iPads. looks like leather but my guess is no animals were hurt in the making of this case. If I didn't throw the packaging away yesterday I'd give you the model. Folds kinda like a book.

Attachments

• image-401781319.png
    image-401781319.png
    624.7 KB · Views: 271
  • image-3372808482.png
    image-3372808482.png
    616 KB · Views: 228
  • image-1955734369.png
    image-1955734369.png
    613 KB · Views: 208
  • image-1936461999.png
    image-1936461999.png
    537 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
G

garlicipad

Seems like a lot of $$. Is there anything special about the T. Anthony case? Pictures?

well, as far as quality goes T Anthony is a top line by any standard. They have been around forever and cater to those seeking quality without the need to advertise it with branding. The look of the leather grain is exceptional as is the feel. The quality in every way is top standards.

ee.jpgrr.jpgaa.jpgjj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

border1000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just ordered a leather case from Caseen. 29.95
Will see how that works and let you know

ullinish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm agonizing over which case to get. My Smart Cover's magnets detached once as I was folding it closed and my iPad fall on the ground. The screen cracked, and the Apple warranty won't cover it because it was damage due to accident (even though the accident was caused by their own cover failing). I feel so betrayed by my Smart Cover! It lulled me into a false sense of security. I should have known better than to trust magnets alone to hold it in place. Stupid me, stupid stupid stupid.

My mom has had magnet failures with her Smart Cover too, but luckily her iPad has only fallen on the carpet. For Christmas I'm getting her the Incipio Smart feather ultralight hard case. It's the only hard back shell I've seen that actually holds the Smart Cover on at the hinge, so the magnets can't detach. Anybody used it? If she likes it, I might get one for myself.

But I also wish for a case that allows rotation for portrait orientation. And it has to sit comfortably on my lap (so no pokey easel stands that will stab me), and it has to protect the edges (I must NEVER crack the screen again!) and be comfortable for typing, and preferably have a magnetic sleep/wake cover. I've been eyeing the Deft Detour 360. Thoughts, anyone? (I wish it came in more colors. I see cheaper versions in colors, but they sound cheaply made too.)

Someone else here mentioned what I think I'm suffering from now - paralysis by analysis. There are both too many and not enough iPad cases to choose from! I wish I could design my own and get a professional to make it. For under $50.

Thanks for any advice!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ullinish said:
IFor Christmas I'm getting her the Incipio Smart feather ultralight hard case. It's the only hard back shell I've seen that actually holds the Smart Cover on at the hinge, so the magnets can't detach. Anybody used it? If she likes it, I might get one for myself.

FWIW, even if the cover goes over the hinges you should not allow the weight of the iPad to be taken by the smart cover. The last thing that either of you want is another cracked screen. I would only pick an iPad up by the cover alone if it's an all in one which the iPad sits inside.

The Archangel

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am sorry there are not more post warning new users about the apple smart cover. It's fun at first but horrible for long time use . I would agree with the Deft Detour 360 it looks good on YouTube. However I personally advise the Marware c.e.o or switch easy case. Both are light weight (biggie in the long run), have sleep wake and most important, well reviewed. I tilt to the Marware only because of the hand strap which can be used to hold in varying viewing one handed. In my experience I read a lot; Bible, news, choir songs, web browse so the ability to have a variety of holding positions really help when you get fatigued. But let me also say a case is a very personal thing and your use and enjoyment my require a different style Keep looking, try, buy and return if needed its fun! The wonderful thing about the iPad 2 is that you have so many choices. Don't fret, enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts